latest android version

tfjd0103

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
i have a Verizon HTC Thunderbolt; can anyone tell me the latest android version supported on this phone?
currently running 4.0.4; everything still works fine except the turn by turn navigation feature on latest version of maps no longer works like it used to. thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! From what I could find on the web, official updates stopped after 4.0.4.

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Sooo - I had a T'bolt & then in Dec 2012 I upgraded to a DNA. Love that phone (loved my T'bolt also). Kept the T'bolt as a media player because the DNA didn't have expandable storage & didn't have a replaceable battery. About 4 weeks ago, the DNA was dropped & it's screen shattered - but everything still worked. Can't do an affordable upgrade until December However, over this past weekend I just got fed up with trying to read the screen through the shatters :(
Found that the T'bolt could be updated to Ice Cream Sandwich so I re-activated it. And yes 4.0.4 is the most I can get. (Kind of hard to leave KitKat though.)
Haven't had any trouble with Maps Navigation (tried it this evening on the way home from work).
I am finding it a bit sluggish but some folks were reporting back in February 2013 that after a few days it settled down. I'm hoping mine does - but even if it doesn't, at least I have a clear screen again.

What will my next phone be in December? I'm so happy to have a replaceable battery & can expand storage with an SD card - so I want at least that; or at least 32Gb storage & a much larger battery.