D-Inc? Or wait for the Inc-HD?

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Man, this is killing me. 21 months with this Storm 1, and I've been waiting for the Windows Phones to give them a shot before upgrading. But over the past 4-5 months, I've settled so into Android phones, HTC specifically, that I've convinced about 10 people to buy either to EVO4 or D-Inc instead of the iPhone.

Now I've been waiting patiently to buy the Inc-HD for my birthday a couple weeks ago, and I knew it wasn't coming out. I had actually bought the Inc-HD for 0.00 from Amazon, but they told me it would take til Jan. 5 to ship, and I cancelled it.

This Storm is driving me to tie a noose. I'm not sure how long I can wait for the Inc-HD, but if I buy the D-Inc and the HD comes out 35 days later someone is going to get hurt. Just tell me the thing isn't coming out until June and I'll jump on on of these free D-Inc deals to get me out of this Storm misery!

Neutrino

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
I completely understand your frustration with the Storm. I was in the same boat. All we know so far, is that the DInc HD may come out mid 2011 when LTE handsets become available. That said, you can buy slightly used DIncs off of eBay for really good prices, activate the hardware on your account using the same line your Storm is on, and wait comfortably until the HD comes out without using your upgrade!

andrew53517

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Wait till January bud... It should be out the end of January people are saying. If not for sure February. That's what I've been reading. We'll know more come Jan. 6th at CES.

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
i suggest buying i used Dinc on ebay so u dnt waste ur upgrade becuz no one is really sure when the Dinc HD is coming out and since theres going to be a bunch of other phones barfed up bye verizon you should wait

cgull

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Man, this is killing me. 21 months with this Storm 1, and I've been waiting for the Windows Phones to give them a shot before upgrading. But over the past 4-5 months, I've settled so into Android phones, HTC specifically, that I've convinced about 10 people to buy either to EVO4 or D-Inc instead of the iPhone.

Now I've been waiting patiently to buy the Inc-HD for my birthday a couple weeks ago, and I knew it wasn't coming out. I had actually bought the Inc-HD for 0.00 from Amazon, but they told me it would take til Jan. 5 to ship, and I cancelled it.

This Storm is driving me to tie a noose. I'm not sure how long I can wait for the Inc-HD, but if I buy the D-Inc and the HD comes out 35 days later someone is going to get hurt. Just tell me the thing isn't coming out until June and I'll jump on on of these free D-Inc deals to get me out of this Storm misery!

I can't believe you made it this long with the S1. I just went from the S2 to the D2G and it is so amazing. I can wait a year for LTE with this phone.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
You can't possibly imagine, as much as you might know this POS. I'm a techie who can manage OS upgrades with SaOS, etc., minimizing RAM usage, but this device only has so much potential, with the way RIM strapped on the rubber glove. Not only that, but its my second bad decision in a row, the first being the black MotoQ.

I won't get bit again, so I've studied this OS so much over the past year, to the point I praised, then shelved the potential of W7P to avoid a trilogy. So now, I'm awaiting my dream device, along with only committing to a 1 year contract to avoid a potential third mistake, but also have somewhat of a discount in a year, since even that is too long these days at the rate Google is advancing Android...and who knows what W7P will be in a year, in tune with Xbox live and the Zune.

nfalbo

Sep 24, 2010
twitter.com
I had my storm 1 for 18 months before I upgraded to a D2. I was ok with my storm but once I used the D2 there was no going back.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been with the Storm since May of last year, so about 19 months. By the time I actually upgrade I'll be right around the 21-22 month mark (upgrade is jan 5th, holding out for CES announcements). I feel like after enduring this phone for so long, I now have the patience of a saint. I would really love to see either the IncHD or the Moto Olympus/Etna around that time.

In your case, where you're already past your upgrade and you're ready to go, there's plenty of phones out right now that will definitely last you through your contract period. If you hold off on upgrading because of whatever's coming next, you'll never be satisfied. I'm only waiting after Jan 5th if I hear a solid date for a new phone after CES, provided it isn't that much longer of a wait.

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I hear what you're saying, but the difference now is two-fold:

First, it's going to be a phone I KNOW I'll love when I get my hands on it

Second, I've been saying since August -- and still am -- that the EVO4 is the best phone on the market right now. And the IncHD will be its VZ counterpart.

So yes, I will definitely be satisfied! And I know I would like the D-Inc, as I have used many, including my girlfriend's, but I couldn't watch the Inc-HD party with a D-Inc in my hand...no way. Not after watching RIM kick my Storm into the gutter when they dropped the S2. Completely different, but you get my analogy...

wes008

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

You're in a better boat then me. I've been going 21 months with a Verizon feature phone. Waiting for dual core phones to upgrade to Android (or the Samsung W899 :) ). As for waiting for the Dinc HD, wait until CES. We should hear word of it then. If you can't hold out the extra 4 weeks just for word on the device, do what everyone else says: Buy a slightly used D Inc on Ebay or Craigslist.

Last edited:

sammy303

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
In the same boat here too. I was hoping something big would come out on Verizon for the holidays but the Droid Pro and Continuum are not what I'm looking for.

Flexia

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
It just seems like Verizon is going to hold out on new phones for now and make a big push for 4g phone in mid 2011, which would be Q2? It seems that they have a good phone line up now and are pushing 4g data and pushing tablet sales. With that said I really wanted the merge or the Inc-HD. But I am looking at the Inc right now because it seems to be the best android device they have and even if its kinda old its still top line hardware

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I am asking the same questions. Got my Droid1 Jan. 7, 2010. 1 year upgrade eligible same date in 2011. Probably going to jump on a Droid X or a Droid Incredible that day. It is a tradeoff on size (Droid X is huge) versus memory (Droid X has more). My guy now says go with the X. Will have to spend some time in the store playing with them to see.

Luckily CES will be over by then so we should know more about the DINC HD by then.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I think the dinc hd will see the light of day in q1 if its mid 2011 VZW will shoot this phonein the foot with more than a few dualcore lte phones being available then and the dualcore snapdragon being available at that same time

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I think the dinc hd will see the light of day in q1 if its mid 2011 VZW will shoot this phonein the foot with more than a few dualcore lte phones being available then and the dualcore snapdragon being available at that same time

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think we ever got a confirmation on the processor. There are two HTC CDMA devices i have read about, the HTC Mecha and the HTC Scorpion. They look strikingly similair, and the Scorpion has the new dual-core ARM 1.5ghz or whatever processors.

Could we be waiting for a phone thats actually better than we think it is?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
As far as I've read its been confirmed the dinc hd uses the 8655. Now that could change and the dualcore could make its way in their prior to launch

Flexia

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

VZW always shoots something in the foot. as of now the palm pre 2 is out. and it can even be bought from HP but verizon doesn't have it. All updates are weeks if not months behind. And verizon is usually the last to push updates. They will hold the phone till mid 2011 just cuz they can

I was going to wait on the merge but decided to jump into the incredible. So far so good. No complaints. The phone handles what is out and is better then most peoples old devices. I came from the pre plus

Breezy#AC

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I was in the exact same boat as you (Still waiting on the HTC Merge). I think you should keep waiting for the phone you want, but in the meantime, purchase a used Droid Eris off of ebay. I did this about 2 weeks ago and I'm so much happier now. Not having to deal with the constant freezing or battery issues on the storm 1, plus I get to really play around with the android OS (2.1, cant get 2.2 on it unless you root it). Its a pretty inexpensive purchase that's definitely worth it.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
For what its worth( I know, Iknow my friend says, the VZW rep says, this one site said lol) I was at the Local VZW and the rep said.... no seriously, he seemed honest and logical saying he wasn't very "techie"(yeah he said that), but the Toledo, Ohio area easily wont be receiving LTE on phones till 2012. Although we could see 4G phones in 2011 we wont be capable of making the most of them so it would be a waste. While that could be salesman talk for "please buy up what I have in stock so I can order in the latest and greatest, Thank-you, Im not sure?
As for me Ill be getting a new DInc without the bing abomination!

18TGTI04

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I went 9 months with a storm 1 and then hit it with a shovel. Its was hands down the absolute worth phone I have ever had.

Cheat to win