I can't seem to decide between the Thunderbolt or the Verizon iPhone...I know this is an Android community so I will probably get blasted, but I really like playing with my fiance's ipod touch.

But then again, I have the original Moto Droid and have really enjoyed it...the Thunderbolt looks like the original Moto Droid x10 though so you have to ask, "why switch?"

It's a good problem to have, just not sure which direction I'll go
    01-03-2011 12:29 PM
    Hi, joshjelden.

It's a matter of preference - No, you won't be blasted for sharing your thoughts. However, I would more steer you over to the Thunderbolt. Why? because It's a newer and better phone than the IPhone. Plus, It's running the better Os(Android).

Choose wisely.
    01-03-2011 12:41 PM

No, you won't be blasted for sharing your thoughts.
    rushrl is right we are more civil in the android world.
    Also to note
    -I dont believe the VZW yPhone is 4G, so if that is a concern get the Dolt
    - Steve Jobs cant tell ya what apps you can have on the Dolt
    01-03-2011 01:01 PM
    Android is on the rise , especially with Honeycomb due out soon. Also, I think you'll come back to Android even if you get the iPhone since you're used to the flexibility of the Android OS.
    01-03-2011 01:03 PM
    Verizon iphone probably won't have 4G, as Jobs wouldn't want the sort of battery life impact 4G would create. Also, it all depends on your preference. The Thunderbolt will probably be a more advanced device (as I expect the Verizon iphone will just be the iphone 4), and you have a lot more freedom with Android than you do with IOS. IOS has a very intuitive UI with a tiny learning curve, making it great for the average consumer, but I find the lack of options frustrating. I'm rarely able to use an iphone or itouch these days without being frustrated by the lack of something that's a basic feature on Android.

Also, the Thunderbolt definitely will be coming out soon. The Verizon iphone is still just a series of rumors, some of which pop up every year. If you like your Moto Droid, you can't go wrong with the Thunderbolt.
    01-03-2011 01:13 PM
    I'm torn also I love android but the iPhone is great but their are a few things that kerosene me from just switching over right now. But if someone gave me an iPhone 4 I wouldnt complain
    01-03-2011 02:12 PM
    I'm in the same boat as the OP. I have an iPad I truly love, but I also have an Droid Incredible which I also love.
    Have been waiting for a Verizon iPhone for sometime (live in rural IA and Verizon is only game in town). Now Android has features that iPhone doesn't like free turn by turn, wifi tethering and CardioTrainer (avid runner and use everyday). iPhone apps seem more polished but the bigger apps are on both.
    I'm on the fence and probably will be until reviews come out on the Thunderbolt and IPhone for Verizon.
    01-03-2011 03:33 PM
    I'm also torn.... another consideration is that my company only allows us to use global based phones. Does anyone know if the thunderbolt will have global capabilities (like the Droid 2 or Pro)?
    01-03-2011 04:04 PM
    No it will not this phone will be cdma lte
    01-03-2011 04:20 PM
    I was once waiting patiently for a Verizon iPhone last year, that is until I got the Incredible. I just can't imagine crippling myself and moving over to the iPhone now that I've used the Android OS for better part of a year. I will be dropping the Incredible like a bad habit for the Thunderbolt when it's release. Day one purchase for me! The Android OS is so much nicer and user customizable than iOS. I like putting what content I choose on my Android home screens, not what Steve Jobs thinks I shouldn't have on an iPhone.
    01-03-2011 04:49 PM
    In my opinion android is more fun, customizable, and just awesome over the super boring iOS. You could always get an iPod touch to fit your gaming needs but get the dolt for your phone.
    Raptor007 likes this.
    01-03-2011 05:35 PM
    I was once waiting patiently for a Verizon iPhone last year, that is until I got the Incredible. I just can't imagine crippling myself and moving over to the iPhone now that I've used the Android OS for better part of a year. I will be dropping the Incredible like a bad habit for the Thunderbolt when it's release. Day one purchase for me! The Android OS is so much nicer and user customizable than iOS. I like putting what content I choose on my Android home screens, not what Steve Jobs thinks I shouldn't have on an iPhone.
    +1 on that!!!!
    01-03-2011 05:36 PM
    I'm in the same boat as the OP. I have an iPad I truly love, but I also have an Droid Incredible which I also love.
    Have been waiting for a Verizon iPhone for sometime (live in rural IA and Verizon is only game in town). Now Android has features that iPhone doesn't like free turn by turn, wifi tethering and CardioTrainer (avid runner and use everyday). iPhone apps seem more polished but the bigger apps are on both.
    I'm on the fence and probably will be until reviews come out on the Thunderbolt and IPhone for Verizon.
    Many iphone apps are more polished simply because Apple is more selective about what goes in its market. The Android market is essentially open (since it's an open source system), while all iphone apps must be approved by Apple to go into the app store. This has its upsides and downsides, since many great apps like Google Voice and Flash are rejected from the app store.
    01-03-2011 09:26 PM
    Wait a minute, Apple was hardly selective when it let that crap load (full pun intended) of fart apps, jiggly apps and of course now that they claim the most apps available they are blocking apps that they do not feel are appropriate, apps like Google Voice.

I choose freedom and I am selling my iPod Touch and my DInc to get the Thunderbolt. I have a Macbook Air but laptop/desktop is a different world than mobile for me.
    01-03-2011 10:08 PM
    An app being stupid (like ifart) doesn't mean it doesn't meet apple's standards for inclusion in the app store. No one knows why they rejected Google Voice, but the fact that Google is the company behind Apple's biggest competitor in the smartphone world may have something to do with it. Stupid apps are harmless, while Google Voice and Flash are things that Steve Jobs and his employees at Apple don't want in the app store, for one reason or another.
    01-03-2011 11:51 PM
    If you like icons draped all over your screen go with iPhone.
    If you have a killer wallpaper that you would like to actually see go Android.
    01-04-2011 05:08 AM
    Hmm I would get bored with the iPhone just like wp7 their is almost no making those devices your own. I will keep android.
    01-04-2011 10:15 AM
    Yea,it seems MS's new Windows Phones are even MORE locked down than the iPhone.There's no way WP7 challenges Android with that kind of philosophy.
    01-04-2011 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD