How would you change the Thunderbolt?

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I wan't expecting this to be dual core but I am really disappointed that the screen not higher res keeping up with what samsung, LG and what MOTO is doing. Also no HDMI is a let down. It's still great specs for 2010 but not so much for 2011.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused? Do we know what screen res is going to be. I thought they kept calling it a SuperLCD screen which I just assumed was an upgrade from the res the evo has.

First of all, the HTC Thunderbolt's resolution is 800x480, which is the same as the Evo's, and we found this out from CES. Second of all, a phone's display and its resolution are two different things. Yes, the HTC Thunderbolt has a SuperLCD display, but it has nothing to do with the resolution of the phone. The Evo has a TFT display, and has the same resolution as the Thunderbolt. So, saying a phone has a new display doesn't always mean that it will have a higher resolution.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I stand corrected on the battery thing. ASSUMING the video recording capabilities parallel with the Desire HD, then I would say I would like it to shoot better video. The Droid X and the Fascinate both shoot MUCH better video than the Desire HD-and (possibly) subsequently, the Thunderbolt

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't care about dual core really, but the talk of a stock 1.2 proc would have been nice. My biggest letdown was the screen. Reports said it looks really really good, but the fact remains that the resolution was not raised due to lack of new screen tech. The phone after my dream phone? No. That will be the one that is announced after the next phone they announce. This phone didn't even fill the niche of dream phone, let alone the one after that.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
The only let downs for me were the screen res and the battery like others have said already. I still plan on choosing the tb over verizon's other 4G options since it will most likely be the first that's released. It will also be the most flexible and get the most attention from the devs.

If the bionic were more open i'd choose it no question. I can't see myself buying another moto as long as they continue to lock down their devices.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
i have the droid one and that phone is fast enough for me the only thing i dont like about the phone is the battery life and i would think dual core would put a bigger strain on battery life so i would rather have a longer battery life over dual core. im moving from droid one to the thunderbolt i think ill be very happy

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
i have the droid one and that phone is fast enough for me the only thing i dont like about the phone is the battery life and i would think dual core would put a bigger strain on battery life so i would rather have a longer battery life over dual core. im moving from droid one to the thunderbolt i think ill be very happy

Same here I have an OG Droid and I'm really looking forward to the thunderbolt as I haven't had a HTC phone yet. I used sense on my friends Eris and loved it. I was disappointed that the specs weren't better especially the screen resolution but since I can't go to Sprint I'll be happy with the Thunderbolt.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
After having had some hands-on time, I would have used liked:

1. A Super AMOLED screen
  2. It seems laggy - I would like to see it perform about twice as fast as it did
  3. I would have made the power button easier to push. It is pretty stiff.

Observations:

1. The antenna is built into the battery cover
  2. You fan actually see/touch a little spinning wheel that makes the phone vibrate when the ringer is in vibrate mode.
  3. Light leakage above the capacitive buttons just like some of the EVO's had.
  4. The browser rendered pages a little slower than I expected with LTE. This probably has more to do with the browser/processor more than LTE. I'd like to see Dolphin running on it & see how it compares. It also seems like the larger these screens the slower they perform. I know the Incredible was blazing fast compared to the EVO, yet they have the same processor.
  5. If you want an LTE phone, this is the phone to beat.

SteveIowa

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I would have liked to see it with 'Infuse' specs. The Infuse is the only phone, coming down the pike, with "my next phone after that" expectations. But I want HTC, and sense UI.
The Infuse has everything I need, except a cdma radio, and HTC branding, with sense UI.
Am I the only one? Where is the love, for these specs.? This phone did 'WOW' me. Of coarse not the carrier, nor its Sammy touch wiz.
Come on HTC, get with the program. So disappointing not to get 'my' phone, until summer 2012? (and where is the 'Scribe' already?

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Honestly this phone will be more than enough for me right now. I don't play any games on my phone now and that would be the only benefit of having the Tegra 2.

Since I'd be coming from an Eris this would be a much better experience.