Launch Day Predictions

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
So with the advent of the iPhone 4 on Verizon, what are we going to see for launch day on the Bolt? I doubt they're not going to launch the phones on top of each other.They might, they'd be the first to release two major phones on opposite platforms the same day. Can you imagine the lines that day?

I'm guessing February launch for iPhone and March launch for Bolt.

moliva1568

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
i was hoping the TBolt would be released this month. I purchased the incredible in Dec and want the bolt instead so i was going to use my 30 day return to get it. it's the Front facing camera that i want. based on threads i read, it seems that's the only major difference between the two. i'm not a heavy user so i don't need the new new stuff people are anticipating. i just want a phone i'll be happy with for theses next 2 years.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I am going to say at LEAST 1 month from whenever the IPhail comes out, which right now looks like Feb 10. March 17th is as good a date as any...

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i was hoping the TBolt would be released this month. I purchased the incredible in Dec and want the bolt instead so i was going to use my 30 day return to get it. it's the Front facing camera that i want. based on threads i read, it seems that's the only major difference between the two. i'm not a heavy user so i don't need the new new stuff people are anticipating. i just want a phone i'll be happy with for theses next 2 years.

Verizon is getting rid of 30 Day and making it 16 so i would check into that :)

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
At least a month after the iphone because they wouldn't want to launch a better phone (which the TB is) then the iphone to soon :(

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
So you are saying that now Verizon as well as AT&T are being held hostage by a smug and pompous ass... Great! I hope all those people running to get the IPhone 4 on Verizon realize there phone is already about a year old, and are stuck with it for 20 months.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
So many of my co workers at best buy are telling me how they are getting the iphone the day it comes out. Im just laughing on the inside. im not even going to tell them there making a huge mistake and that a new iphone is coming soon. Meanwhile, i'll be getting the TB which will be the best phone on verizon until the bionic comes out.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Maybe. Best phone on Verizon for what I want to do with it will be the TBolt. Call me old fashioned, but I crave a complete user experience over a couple of miliseconds of speed... and I want complete command over my device. If by some chance Moto forgets to lock down the bootloader I will give the Bionic a serious look.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The iPwn will sell millions, and those poor suckers will get stuck and sign on for 2 year deals, it happens, its sad.

I will not be signing anymore 2 year deals, I will get my wife the Verizon iPhone, I will remain Android. Pretty simple reason she liked it, and actually used it, that for me is huge. She married a total gadget geek and she is not the least bit interested in tech.

srvac

May 4, 2010
Visit site
The iPwn will sell millions, and those poor suckers will get stuck and sign on for 2 year deals, it happens, its sad.

True, but biggest disappointment about the VZW iPhone to me is lack of 4G since I'm in one of the markets. Although many here bash it, iPhones are nice and easy to use. In fact, if not for the evil iPhone, the great Android devices like the DInc, TB, etc. would probably not be around and we'd all probably be stuck with Blackberries.

As a practical matter, I don't see enough improvement in the iPhone over my DInc to upgrade before my contract is up. The TB's 4G is very tempting but I really do love my DInc now.

roxy surf

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
So you are saying that now Verizon as well as AT&T are being held hostage by a smug and pompous ass... Great! I hope all those people running to get the IPhone 4 on Verizon realize there phone is already about a year old, and are stuck with it for 20 months.
That's the thing, most of the people that are going to get this outdated iphone don't even realize its a year old, nor do they care...they are looking at the name brand and what everyone else has...

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I like 3/17. 5 weeks after the I phone launch. Sounds about right.

The big joke will be the I phone forum will be full of people complaining that they ordered thier phone the first week and they still don't have it yet. I don't think anyone has any idea what to expect for volume.

hillview

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I disagree, The Iphone is a great phone because it works like it is supposed to. I'm on the fence about taking my fascinate back because of all the problems and lack of updates. I sold my HTC eris for the fascinate. I will say that HTC makes a better phone and updates them. I'm waiting on the thunderbolt or maybe the Iphone, or whatever comes out next week

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I like 3/17. 5 weeks after the I phone launch. Sounds about right.

The big joke will be the I phone forum will be full of people complaining that they ordered thier phone the first week and they still don't have it yet. I don't think anyone has any idea what to expect for volume.

Which is why Apple's been building them since Fall. They'll have plenty, though pent-up demand means they probably won't be able to keep up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz