Would you say.....Thunderbolt is another Evo

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
That's how I look at it. The Thunderbolt is an Evo for Verizon and the Bionic is the second version of the DroidX. Both great devices.

xMyCkOx

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thats true..... the only thing i like more about the Thunderbolt is the back.... the design of the back looks better to me than the Evo.

Armyntt

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
My question is then, do you go the TB route or wait a few months later and get the Bionic. Is the Bionic with dual core worth the extra wait? Personally i need a new phone ASAP and not on ATT's network anymore.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, doesn't the TB have the 2nd gen Snapdragon? That will definitely help a lot.
I feel like it'll be fast enough to handle whatever app you throw at it, but we don't necessarily know until actual tests.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, doesn't the TB have the 2nd gen Snapdragon? That will definitely help a lot.
I feel like it'll be fast enough to handle whatever app you throw at it, but we don't necessarily know until actual tests.

Yes, updated Snapdragon which will help the battery life also.

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, the thunderbolt is better. it has a better processor, more RAM, LTE, dolby sound, and a preinstalled 32 GB micro SD card.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
New HTC Sense
New Snapdragon, which is more power efficient, has more potential for overclocking, and is just all around better than the old one.
SLCD screen rather than the EVO's LCD screen (those who complain it's not Super AMOLED: remember what happened with the Dinc...).
More RAM
Probably more phone memory and internal storage
32 gb microSD card included (whoa, eat that iphone, this'll probably be cheaper than the 32 gb version, too).

It's a pretty decent step up. Not a huge one, but yeah...

Dual core is nice, but we don't know when an Android version that supports it fully will come out (rumored to be Honeycomb).

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It's not an Evo since the Evo is not the family of devices hat HTC built these off of. Each one is unique to its own specifications based on what the carrier wanted and what was able to be offered at that time.

Similar in shape, size, weight, but internals are updated so that does not make them the same. Sprint is likely working on their next Evo or maybe it won't be an Evo it could be called something else.

roxy surf

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Playing with a friends EVO is what instantly turned me off of blackberry. So, if the Tbolt is anything like the EVO, I'll be very happy. Keep in mind I don't know much about Android yet

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It is like the evo + dolby srs a kickstand a better CPU but smaller batter and more RAM and no ugly circles around the home keys. Its like the desireHD but with a front facing camera, larger battery and better CPU. Its also like the DInc but a lil bigger better CPU different battery size and differnt version of sense. You can compare it to Droid X but its not, my point is it's a thunderbolt and different than everything else.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
It is like the evo + dolby srs a kickstand a better CPU but smaller batter and more RAM and no ugly circles around the home keys. Its like the desireHD but with a front facing camera, larger battery and better CPU. Its also like the DInc but a lil bigger better CPU different battery size and differnt version of sense. You can compare it to Droid X but its not, my point is it's a thunderbolt and different than everything else.

Great point :)

You can compare any 2 phones some may have the same screen resolution, screen size, battery size, OS, CPU, RAM, cameras but they are not the same. You can say they are similar but they are NOT THE SAME.