02-01-2011 08:57 AM
118 ... 345
tools
    I will be dropping the Dinc for the TB as long as the 4g pricing doesn't go over $20. I will have LTE in my city by of the end of the year too. One year contract so I can upgrade in 10 months.
    01-26-2011 07:47 PM
    Whatever phone i get this year is temporary since i have an upgrade next year meaning my next contract will be for a dual core phone
    01-26-2011 08:43 PM
    I got to say that I think this phone will surpass the Bionic. I mean HTC has the better reputation and hell, they make darn good phones. I am definitely getting this phone asap. But then again, anything is an upgrade from my env3 with a cracked front screen.
    Ew, he said env3. But I do agree that HTC knows what it's doing when it comes to customer support
    01-26-2011 09:30 PM
    I'm leaning towards the Tunderbolt. I don't know if I can wait any longer for a smart phone as this will be my first!!!
    01-28-2011 12:44 AM
    damnit, decisions, decisions. as of now ill definitely be getting the muthatruckin TBOLT baby! definitely one year it. no matter which way you look at it, the TBOLT is plenty enough phone for the next year. It will be every bit as capable as a dual core for the next 12 months. other than quadrant scores, i find it hard to believe that a dual core phone will dominate TBOLT in everyday use. i will NEVER be a gamer, the gamiest i get is angry birds and the like. other than battery life, the DINC has been the best phone i have ever owned, superb device. i abuse my device, im in construction field and have dropped, moisturized, smushed, squeezed, sat on, you name it. i got mine on day one release and still have original. The simultaneous 3G voice/data is more important to me than LTE as it will be a long time before i get LTE in my area. i do frequently travel through LTE territory though. It has sense 2.5 with cached maps! 768mb ram! im lovin it! my two gripes are kickstand/charger issue and concern with battery life. the kickstand just irks me, no big deal but irritating. the battery life, im just hoping for the best.
    01-28-2011 01:07 AM
    After a lot of thought I might go with the 1-yr on it. If my wife likes it then I'll get her one too, but more than likely I'll wait for the Dinc2 for her (unless its a lot further away then I might wait the Bionic).
    01-28-2011 08:47 AM
    I will get this on a 1 year contract then by the end of the year hopefully the other dualcore processors will be out i like the tegra2 but I feel its best to wait for the next gen versions that will offer better battery life
    01-28-2011 12:48 PM
    I'm getting this phone and looking forward to learning how to root for free tethering support. My question is can VZW tell the difference b/t the phone slurping data and the netbook tethered to it?
    01-28-2011 05:38 PM
    I'm getting this phone and looking forward to learning how to root for free tethering support. My question is can VZW tell the difference b/t the phone slurping data and the netbook tethered to it?
    As far as I know, they can't. They'll see you're using a lot of data, but I don't think there is any way to tell. I use WiFi tether on a weekly basis on my phone with no negative affects, so you should be fine.
    01-28-2011 08:11 PM
    I plan to replace my Droid Incredible with one on a 1 year contract.

::::stares impatiently at calendar::::
    01-29-2011 03:29 PM
    I am also going for 1 year. Screw dual core, gaming on a phone sucks, we have PS3s, xboxes, NDS, PSPs, and real gaming rigs for that.......
    01-29-2011 04:15 PM
    Dual core sounds cool but doesnt seem necessary for regular-somewhat heavy users yet. Next year tho it will probably be a given.

my opinion of course. and these dual cores coming out now will pave the way
    01-29-2011 04:42 PM
    Just waiting. I already have 3 different cases and screen protectors waiting to protect this baby...
    01-29-2011 05:14 PM
    Does the Thunderbolt have LED Notification for messages?
    02-01-2011 08:03 AM
    Does the Thunderbolt have LED Notification for messages?
    Yes it does.
    02-01-2011 08:20 AM
    Um, me...Duh! Can't wait!
    02-01-2011 08:27 AM
    heres my thought, i feel as though HTC has put this phone out to test there generation 2 processor. it uses 70% less power and it has benchmarked faster than Motorola's duel core. I think this processor will be duel core in the droid incredible 2, considering that phone revived phone of the year, HTC will do it again.
    02-01-2011 08:49 AM
    heres my thought, i feel as though HTC has put this phone out to test there generation 2 processor. it uses 70% less power and it has benchmarked faster than Motorola's duel core. I think this processor will be duel core in the droid incredible 2, considering that phone revived phone of the year, HTC will do it again.
    where did it benchmark faster? most quadrant scores show Tegra 2 phones in the 2200-2400 range while T-Bolt was 1900-ish.
    02-01-2011 08:57 AM
118 ... 345