So Who's Getting It

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
First I want to say that I respect everyone's opinion but this is not the place to say I am not getting this phone. Create your own thread asking who's not getting it. Thank you.

Now, I am definitely getting this phone. I've weighed the pros and cons between this and the Bionic and this is what it came down to for me.

1. HTC has a reputation like no other and I know I can't go wrong with them.
2. I plan on getting a Xoom anyway which would not only satisfy my dual core needs but also give me honeycomb.

That's it in a nutshell. I could go into more details but that's not what this thread is about. I'm just trying to get a feel for the community I'm going to be working with in the near future. I have been staple in the forums I have participated in and cant wait to help out my fellow Bolt owners.

Again, if you're not getting this phone please state so else where. I am asking nicely because I'd like to cut out the bickering unlike other posts in this forum.

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Totally on board with you... I don't need a huge processor for my phone that doesn't yet have full support for a duel core, when I get the Xoom it will have the duel core and the means to leverage it. Plus the only thing I can really think I would need a duel core for is some sweet games and they will look better on a tablet size screen anyway.

Reactions: acmorris

mpwt51

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
The rumored price point is probably before their stupid mail in rebate, just like most of their other phones when they first come out. Besides that, I want mine NOW!

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Count me in for a few simple reasons...

1) The world is ready for dual core. The software is not. Next year this time, maybe. I'm sure it will be plenty fast surfing the web and using all the apps I would be interested in. That's why I'm only signing a one year contract and paying an extra $70 up front.

2) I have had several HTC phones over the years and will definately have a few more. They are just so easy to use... and they last.

3) No locked boot loader. It might be a pain in butt to get permanant root and custom ROM's, but the G2 fell, so did the Desire HD and Desire Z, it's two closest cousins. I will truly be able to make my phone MY PHONE.

4) Did anyone notice that one of the selling points will be "Talk and Surf" at the same time (provided you are in an LTE area). Now I can tell my IFail friends, "I can do that, too. I don't see what the big deal is."

So yes, count me in.

corn4ahead

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I got to say that I think this phone will surpass the Bionic. I mean HTC has the better reputation and hell, they make darn good phones. I am definitely getting this phone asap. But then again, anything is an upgrade from my env3 with a cracked front screen.

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Count me in for a few simple reasons...

4) Did anyone notice that one of the selling points will be "Talk and Surf" at the same time (provided you are in an LTE area). Now I can tell my IFail friends, "I can do that, too. I don't see what the big deal is."

So yes, count me in.

Amen!

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
If I can somehow get Verizon to let me upgrade early now that they changed their policy, I'd get it. Otherwise, I have to wait until August.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting this phone. I currently have an HTC Touch Pro and I've been happy with this and other HTC phones I've owned, so HTC it is. I have to say I really like Sense and the polish it brings to Android.

As has been said, I want this phone because I don't feel I need dual core for my phone. I don't do heavy gaming on phones (that's what my PSP is for) and the single core with 768 MB of RAM is more than enough for everything that I will do with the phone. I like the fact that it already comes with a 32GB card in it, so I don't have to go spend extra cash for that. Also, has been said, the software does not currently take advantage of it.

I want my dual core on my Android tablet. :)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm there, selling off my ipod touch, DInc and paying full boat on it. I have a regular iPod HDD style to use, at least I can still use music dock I have with the old school iPod which you can't with the new iTouches.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Good chance with my phone addiction I will be getting one on release day :)

You can never have enough Android phones ;)

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I keep saying I want to wait until this,the Bionic,and the iPhone 4G are released to make my decision. I think they'll all be quality devices. But I already have been using my Curve 8330 for almost 3yrs. I'm afraid my willpower will fold like house of cards. :p

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I was going to get the Atrix on AT&T however the more I considered the Thunderbolt the more I liked it and the lure of good LTE coverage in my area was too tempting to resist. Ive been bouncing off contract between AT&T and VZW for a while as I paid full retail for my DX and my iPhone 4. Today I switched back to VZW and reactivated my DX. Looking forward to selling my iPhone 4 and DX and getting the Thunderbolt, I just hope unlimited data doesn't disappear with LTE. That's the main reason I decided against the Bionic and AT&T. I tend to use alot more data on my Android phones than the iPhone. I was clocking in around 2gb a month on the iPhone, I'll easily surpass that with the TBolt or Atrix.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I might, not in any hurry since upgrade isn't until April and 4G isn't going to be in my area any time soon. Might just keep what I have or get something to hold me over for a year.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'll wait to hear the early adopter feedback, but unless that's bad, I'm jumping to Verizon and getting this phone.

For me this would be the perfect phone if it shot and displayed 1080p, had HDMI out, was vanilla Android, and I guess had dual core. But realistically I imagine 720p is fine, and I have a feeling the HDMI out is a super cool feature I'd probably use once or twice ever. From what I hear, Sense is the best of the UIs and some say even improves upon stock, and I can always root anyway. And having never used anything dual core, I'm just making an assumption that it would be noticeably better, faster, and maybe eat less juice. But from what I've seen and read (use case scenarios that apply to me, android versions not optimized for dual core anyway, software not there yet, etc.), I bet single core will be just fine. So basically it's the perfect phone for me.

The one potential achilles heel that worries me is battery life. That will decide it unless every other new model sucks to a similar degree. I was expecting a healthy bump up from the seeming current standard of 1500mAh, not a drop to 1400. Who knows how much the next gen processor will improve things or what other factors may make up the total performance picture, or what HTC learned/fixed from the poor battery performance of the EVO, but I just have a feeling this won't be a top performer batterywise. And I would be worried about that even before considering the juice-draining nature of a bigger than normal fancy screen and of a 4G connection. I don't want to have to worry whether I'm going to make it through the day and to have to keep chargers and spare batteries stashed around. And I don't want to have to get an expanded battery and special case.

The early adopters will let us know quickly if battery life sucks. If it does and if the only way to deal with it is to cripple stuff on the phone and have to actively manage it to make it through, that will be a dealbreaker for me and I'll have to go back to the drawing board and sacrifice something else with a different phone. For all the whiz bang stuff I might like, the phone I get has to: last me comfortably through a day and then some to cover for forgetting to charge, etc., make phone calls without dropping, load pages at a speed that doesn't make me rage, and has to have enough storage space/expandability that I don't have to ration what I put on there (e.g. music collection) or have to always be pulling stuff off to fit other stuff on. I'm willing to make compromises elsewhere, but not on those fundamentals.

One other thing that's just down a notch from the top tier of gotta-haves, and which I'd be annoyed to have to live with, is crappy photo/video quality and operation. That was a big thumbs down for me on the Nexus S I played with right next to an iPhone. Shutter lag and not great quality on the one hand and beautiful and quick and smooth on the other. The days of ****ty cameras should be behind us at this point, so get it right already. If that's bad on the Tbolt, but battery life is good, I'll just suck it up and know that it should be fixed by the time I get the latest and greatest 2 years from now. If it's good, hooray.