Blackberry Storm to Thunderbolt... who else?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey forum members,

I have been reading posts in many of the Tbolt's threads. I have mentioned it in the past that I was looking to upgrade to it coming from a blackberry storm1 (9530). I could have upgraded many months ago though I have been following and waiting for the release of 4G phones. I think i'll be super happy with the Tbolt coming from a storm1.

I was just wondering how many other members were also doing this, how many are coming from a storm1 or storm 2?

I used to think blackberry was the only way. I do enjoy their push system though they are seriously lacking in many other parts. I'm sure that the Tbolt will even shred a storm3 (if it ever comes out). I'm not dissing bb, my storm has been relatively dependable for my work, opening files etc, though i dont think even the all new OS6 can excite me. The storm1 was my first bb device, the tbolt will be my first android device.

So what do you all have to say? i'm not looking for reassurance, though why are you hopping ships and what are you looking fwd to most by switching?
I'm looking fwd to not having to batt pull, to have more memory, to not have memory leaks etc.

oh and also, can they already release the tbolt already!!! :-( just give us a confirmed date at least! (i think we are all on the edge of our seats waiting long and are almost past 'well-done').

Reactions: durbancic and Koato

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've gone from a BB Pearl to a Storm 1 (had 6 of 'em - POS), to a Storm 2 (I've had it for over a year, and only replaced once!!!!111!). 99% sure I'll be going to the TB, as long as the 4G charges aren't more than $10/mo.

mpwt51

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I am still milking my original Storm 1 waiting for the TBolt! I don't care how much, this phone is mine. PLEASE release it already.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I am still milking my original Storm 1 waiting for the TBolt! I don't care how much, this phone is mine. PLEASE release it already.

haha.. i like your terminology :) definitely milking it here too

yeah just release it already!.. it's just a smartphone (not like its's a cure for Alzheimer's or something) and they can already have $ in their pockets!

Tortan

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Storm #3 for me... going to a TB. I guess I will stick with the weather names. Next phone will be the Droid Huricane or Droid Tornado! :)

Como4076

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Yup same here ...I have the Storm 1 and my contract is up 2/12/11 and I can`t wait to get the TB . I am going to SMASH this Storm into a million pieces !!!:confused::D

lapeter

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a Storm 2 and am getting a TB. I am going to keep my storm in case I need a global phone for vacations. I have heard that the TB will eventually have global available. Anybody else hear this?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a Storm 2 and am getting a TB. I am going to keep my storm in case I need a global phone for vacations. I have heard that the TB will eventually have global available. Anybody else hear this?

i too will keep my storm when i go over seas. but yes, i heard that eventually we should be able to use the TB as overseas they are also moving into the lte direction. (of course im not sure of the exact technical answer - just giving a overall - "yes, i heard it should work overseas" - later)

ftb

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Storm 1 to TB

Storm 1 (3rd handset) and going to the TB, I was waiting for the Merge for the worldphone capability, but look slike the TB is it for me.

WasatchRocks

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
This would be me as well. Coming from Storm1 to TB. I could have as well upgraded a number of months back, but have been waiting to get the 4G details.

Originally, I was intent on the Droid X, but once read more about the upcoming 4G phones, the TB became my next phone.

Now, just waiting for the date and 4G plan details to roll out. If not too much $, I may go after a Droid X (1 year).

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
BB Storm 1 or 2 to anything would be better. I sooooo do not miss my Storms. As a former BB user who stood in line on the first day for the Storm1 and 2 and still backed up all the negativity against the phone... I can say one thing, don't be brainwashed by RIM... they are going nowhere with there devices. I supported them for too long in hopes they could pull something off and they have proved they are so far behind every time. They have great email... that's it. I see Android concurring this within the next year or two. They're are constantly improving.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
look verizon, that's already about 10 ppl !! :) (of course there are many many more)

if it does cost $250 (approx), that's $2,500 in sales only from the phones! get moving!

rickt1152

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I was a Storm 1 user for over a year before getting the original Droid. I actually liked the Storm, but the Android os just offers so much more capability. I too am looking forward to the TB release and intend to upgrade to it.

Just one minor tease for you Storm owners, imagine installing an application with no reboot required. There are a million other reasons like that which make Android so nice by comparison.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

loopsterwt

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have been a Storm 1 user for a little over two years now and I too am on my fourth phone. I have been watching and "patiently" waiting for the TB for months now. February can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

phil1995

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have owned storm 1 and storm 2. After the last os update, my storm could not suck any worse. Can not wait for the tb to come out.

Rim has really gotten behind in the smartphone world, not sure they can recover. Seem to of have sunk all of their resources into the playbook for some reason.

Looking forward to swapping to the droid.

wesley42079

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I too will be upgrading to the TB as soon as its available.

I purchased the Storm (9530) on 2/14/2009 and I can honestly say that is the worst BlackBerry device I have ever owned. For almost two years now, I've had to constantly remove the battery daily, just to use the device. As soon as I purchase the TB, I will take Zeus' thunderbolt and strike my BB STORM into a thousand pieces. I have waited so long to destroy that test device known as the BB 9530.

I've been looking to upgrade for a while now. I was even considering in purchasing the iPhone; However, I would like to give the Android OS a try and see if I like it. I almost jumped the gun yesterday in upgrading to a HTC Incredible. It is a nice device, but I might as well wait for a 4G capable device.

Many people are saying that the TB is the same as Sprint's Evo, but I beg to differ.

I can't wait for big Red to make a official announcement as to when the device will be available for pre-order.

Current BB STORM users, I will be there with you to join the Android community.