Which phone is better?

jric92

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

So firstly let me say I have been an avid follower of Androidcentral the past few months, but seeing as I am going to be dumping my Blackberry soon and joining "The Green Team", I figured I should get a sense of what's what.

Anyway, I've narrowed my search down to getting one of 2, The Incredible or Thunderbolt. Besides 4G and a kickstand, is there really much of a difference? Only reason I ask is because I'm prob going on the BOGO with my mother so if she offers I want to know if I should take it or just wait.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to getting more active on here as I will become a proud owner of Android!

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Are you crazy? Go with TB, yes there is super difference in hardware level, DInc is post 2010 device. If your interested I can tell you the hardware, but definitely TB without any comparison as its HTC's current CDMA flagship.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
whats better is of course the thunderbolt but its really is it enough better for you right now on Verizon the incredible is bogo for $100 and its out now the thunderbolt will be (probably) $250 and its not out

thunderbolt 4.3" screen incredible 3.7" screen
thunderbolt 4g incredible not but do you even have 4g where you live?
thunderbolt new gen processor
thunderbolt front facing camera not on the incredible
thunderbolt has the new sense 2.0

thats a lot of good things about the thunderbolt but i had the same dilemma as you but i decided to wait because it should be only a month and although the incredible is still a great phone in my opinion the thunderbolt is still better

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
How does that work? Voice+Data far as I know on CDMA its not supported due to the network but supported in GSM. Vz suppots SVDO?

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
its goin to use lte radio for data na the 3g radio for voice. thats my understanding. this is why they arent really promoting it heavy because you have to be in a 4g area. in the training packet they put do not tell cust as they cant guarantee how well it works i do believe

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
its goin to use lte radio for data na the 3g radio for voice. thats my understanding. this is why they arent really promoting it heavy because you have to be in a 4g area. in the training packet they put do not tell cust as they cant guarantee how well it works i do believe

NO,NO,NO, simultaneous voice/data over 3G. damit people do your homework. all 4g phones will be able to do simultaneous voice/4g data. only the thunderbolt has been announced with "special" chip to allow simultaneous 3g voice and data. im not being a **** but this has been on the blogs and forums since monday, i see you guys here posting all the time, are you not reading?

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The thunderbolt is the better device. If you are not in a 4g area or do not want to pay the extra data fee then the DINC is a awesome device for a great price.. course there is always the DINC 2.. lol

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
NO,NO,NO, simultaneous voice/data over 3G. damit people do your homework. all 4g phones will be able to do simultaneous voice/4g data. only the thunderbolt has been announced with "special" chip to allow simultaneous 3g voice and data. im not being a **** but this has been on the blogs and forums since monday, i see you guys here posting all the time, are you not reading?

It's going to do 3G voice and 4G data on default right? I remember reading it will be some time before VZW has 4G voice going.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

By what technology is it doing voice and data over 3G? I've asked before if it was the mythological VoRA or EVDV or what and never got a clear answer but some of the ways it has been described make me think that it's a software solution (eg skype or sip to carry voice) rather than "hardware" (vora or evdv which would need tower support).

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
By what technology is it doing voice and data over 3G? I've asked before if it was the mythological VoRA or EVDV or what and never got a clear answer but some of the ways it has been described make me think that it's a software solution (eg skype or sip to carry voice) rather than "hardware" (vora or evdv which would need tower support).

from my understanding HTC and verizon worked it out for the Thunderbolt. If I recall correctly from what I read it was some sort of hardware solution.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
from my understanding HTC and verizon worked it out for the Thunderbolt. If I recall correctly from what I read it was some sort of hardware solution.

Recent revisions of CDMA have actually opened up simultaneous voice/data, but from my understanding Verizon and Sprint have just never enabled it. But seeing as how this seems to only be affecting the Thunderbolt, you may be right.

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site

You guys really need to read the forum. The previous page talked about what the new technology is that allows voice + data on 3G, it is called SVDO, which is a new revision to EVDO. Its been out for awhile but neither Verizon or sprint decided to use it. Until now anyway, Verizon and HTC decided to implement it and put the new SVDO radio in the TBolt.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
yes this is true the TB can be used over the 3G data and voice together and it will also sport a 32gig micro SD card. I have the INC and love it but I am thinking seriously about this when my upgrade comes around in 2012 . Or the Incredible HD if they do release this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc