Can't believe I'm getting excited about Thunderbolt or Bionic

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm currently using a BB Storm1 and when the Torch came out I suffered from a VERY serious case of phone-lust but being an ATT phone I couldn't touch it cuz I'm on VZW and don't intend to leave because ATT service sucks. I was stuck on waiting for VZW to get the Torch ever since it came out, wouldn't budge.

Then someone on another board mentioned they loved the Torch, too but that they usually type horizontal and it hit me ... so do I. I also wanted a physical keyboard because I really hate typing on the Storm1 screen.

The other day I had to stop at Radio Shack for something else and the clerk let me type on her personal Android cuz they don't have phones turned on there. OHMAHGOSH! What a HUGE difference typing on her Android screen from my Storm! I couldn't believe it!

So, now I'm getting anxious for either the Thunderbolt or the Bionic, not positive which one yet but leaning towards Thunderbolt because the pics I've seen of it, it appears wider than the Bionic and like the more square look than the rectangle. I will make a trip to a corporate store (about 30mi from here) when Thunderbolt comes out so that I can actually try it out. Can't do that around here - nobody turns on their demo phones in our local stores.

I'm actually going to be a BB convert and maybe even going to bypass the slide-out keyboard ... surprising the heck outa myself.

Deb

rewd

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issues as you. The Storm 1 touchscreen experience made me absolutely despise all touchscreens. Then I played around with the Droid X at a Verizon store and I had a hard time with that too.

Then finally I checked out the Droid Incredible and that was like night and day from the others. I picked up typing on that phone in a matter of minutes at a store!! I had never noticed HTC before that but I'm a fan now.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I hope whichever you get works out well for you! I'm eagerly awaiting the HTC Thunderbolt myself. I really like streaming music services, and several of them are saying they'll support better bitrates for LTE phones. :-D

Reactions: luvnmyberry09

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little bit afraid of what the Thunderbolt & Bionic will cost both the cost of the phone and the service. We don't have LTE/4G in our area and won't for like 2 years according to what I've seen on that topic. Our phone bill is already outrageous for 2 people. I hope I don't have to rethink my phone selection in order to keep costs down.

TeeX

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little bit afraid of what the Thunderbolt & Bionic will cost both the cost of the phone and the service. We don't have LTE/4G in our area and won't for like 2 years according to what I've seen on that topic. Our phone bill is already outrageous for 2 people. I hope I don't have to rethink my phone selection in order to keep costs down.

this. We have four people in our home on our plan, and it's completely outrageous. If Verizon gouges for 4G, that will change my plans.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
this. We have four people in our home on our plan, and it's completely outrageous. If Verizon gouges for 4G, that will change my plans.

Same here. The closest 4G market for me is New York City, and if Verizon plans on charging a boatload extra for LTE even if I can't take advantage of it, that might change how decision to want to take the plunge for now.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Am I the only person who actually enjoyed the the Storm's click screen. That was the only thing I liked about it during the year I had it.

When I got my Droid over a year ago I was a little irritated that it didn't have the click screen. After a week or so I didn't mind anymore. Android overall is light-years ahead of Rim and their old technology

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Brett, you might be one of the select few HERE, but I know a lot of people who did like it. Personally, I found it incredibly annoying after a week or two, but that's just me.

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I never had a black berry, but my voyagers Touch screen is terrible.

I'm lookin forward to the DLNA support, if I can run it through my PS3 and not just through the TV.
I may actually start using my twitter account again since it won't be through text messages, that would be handy.

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only person who actually enjoyed the the Storm's click screen. That was the only thing I liked about it during the year I had it.

When I got my Droid over a year ago I was a little irritated that it didn't have the click screen. After a week or so I didn't mind anymore. Android overall is light-years ahead of Rim and their old technology

Your not the only one. I like it but the OS on Blackberrys is so behind compared to Androids.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I really liked the click screen for typing, I could fire off texts really quickly, but after I got my Fascinate (which is going back for the TBolt) I installed SwiftKey and I'm typing much faster than on the Storm.

I'm going to have to go back to the Storm for a few weeks, though. My 30 day trial is up on Feb 6th, and the tbolt won't be until either the 14th or the 24th, so I'll have to suffer for a little bit in between. I think I can manage.

AndrewWestSide

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I agree that LTE pricing will be the deciding factor for me when it comes to the Thunderbolt and Bionic. My area doesn't have 4G so I'm not going to pay extra for it no matter how nice the phone is. I'm excited about this phone, but may have to wait for a 3G refresh for a new phone. I'm on a Droid 1 but want a HTC phone after using an Incredible.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I hated touchscreens till I got the Incredible. It is so nice to type on. Also with regards to 4G I know it isn't going to be everywhere and I really think Verizon won't be gauging. It would be wrong of them. The Thunderbolt will be able to run on the 3G and I hope those that want the Bionic it will as well.
They have to keep their pricing reasonable don't you think? I see they still have the 29.99 unlimited and they have started to change the tier pricing....so let's just see what happens But I think the 29.99 unlimited will cover it I hope so !

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Enjoy your new phone when you get it. I was also a Storm user. The touchscreen is a joke compared to Androids.
Thanks Cyber Warrior ... I really was surprised at the difference in just the few minutes I played on this gal's phone.

I probably should decide on an alternate third option phone in case the 4G is to high priced. I think $200 a mo for 2 people (one of the two phones being a dumb phone!) is totally out of line. I've been trying differnent plan options to try to get costs down as much as possible.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The Thunderbolt will be able to run on the 3G and I hope those that want the Bionic it will as well. They have to keep their pricing reasonable don't you think? I see they still have the 29.99 unlimited and they have started to change the tier pricing....so let's just see what happens But I think the 29.99 unlimited will cover it I hope so !

If the phone itself is capable of 3 or 4G but a person wants just 3G it would be nice if you could have a choice? Ask them to turn off 4G or not enable it or some way so that we're assured only of 3G cost if that's what we want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz