Droid Branding...?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
While we're on the topic, (um sort of anyway), i also don't like the terminator aesthetics of the droid family.
moto, you don't have to prove how tough you are!
and i hate the back of my incredible wtf

hoosiercub

May 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
While we're on the topic, (um sort of anyway), i also don't like the terminator aesthetics of the droid family.

Terminator? Where's that coming from?
Me personally, I'd like to see a return to the styling of the OG Droid, heavy, durable, glass, metal, and an odd accent color. Like the gold on the D1. I really would like to see more thought put into the aesthetics of all Android phones, especially the high end ones.

What's wrong with the back of the Incredible particularly, I like it, it's unique and different, feels good in the hand, no scratched up flimsy plastic, no glass.. WTF is with that anyway. Off center camera, and the camera is the only thing I don't like about my Incredible, solved with the glossy TPU skin from VZW so it doesn't get broken.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Terminator? Where's that coming from?
Me personally, I'd like to see a return to the styling of the OG Droid, heavy, durable, glass, metal, and an odd accent color. Like the gold on the D1. I really would like to see more thought put into the aesthetics of all Android phones, especially the high end ones.

What's wrong with the back of the Incredible particularly, I like it, it's unique and different, feels good in the hand, no scratched up flimsy plastic, no glass.. WTF is with that anyway. Off center camera, and the camera is the only thing I don't like about my Incredible, solved with the glossy TPU skin from VZW so it doesn't get broken.

I assume you're referring to the i*hone 4. I agree with ya there, people worry enough to put screen protectors over the touchscreen, so apple goes and puts glass on both sides. It may look cool but not really practical unless you use a cover or like to take chances. Even Engadget (who a lot of people say are apple groupies) have said they have had to replace a few of their backs. I just don't get it.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site

Seems to be Motorola is pulling away from the rugged metal design of their previous Droid line of phones. The Bionic has a plastic back, and I wouldn't be surprised for them to continue this. Consumers are demanding thinner and lighter devices.

Personally, I love a little extra weight to my phone. But that's just me.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
yea, i think moto is gonna go after the more business user. since the droid pro that carbon looking design is gonna be used. i dont like it, droid x an droid og is realy only 2 moto phones i like physically. htc tho some wat cloning designs still has that solid feel an has little ways to tweek a line of phones.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
haha ok where do i start.
by terminator i mean their aesthetics are like what people in 1992 thought the future would look like. does that make sense? these phones (d1, dx, dinc) all look like cyborgs. i assume everyone has seen t2. you can't tell me you don't see the similarities.

the incredible. i have one. its great. i hate the back of it. first off, the tiers - hate them. wish it was flat. also really dislike the red under the battery door, the red rim around the camera lens, and the position of the camera itself. lastly, not an optical thing, but the battery door flies off the phone if it's dropped even like one foot.

the iphone. ok, i feel like im gonna get burnt at the stake for this, but the iphone is a good looking device. its not my favorite and i wouldnt own one but it's visually pleasing.

anyway i just like my phones to be normal and nice looking, and all i meant was i dont like the moto droid aesthetics or the back of my incredible.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
i understand the t2 look. i think thats what moto was goin with as the droid lineup. iphone kinda started that trend of smartphone look. samsung has been riding that since day one. touchwiz an the physical look of most of their phones. i do miss the risky new looks, such as og droid an incredible. alot of phones are just tweaks of eachothe with differ features.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Personally I like a little more weight to my device, makes me feel secure. But also it has to feel good in hand at the same time.

And I have rather large hands, so the Evo/TBolt do not bother me.

And I must say despite being made of plastic, my huawei ascend has a nice feel to it in hand.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
lastly, not an optical thing, but the battery door flies off the phone if it's dropped even like one foot.

That's odd, I've dropped mine a few times and never had the back come off. I've got a silicon case for it now, but before that never had any issues with it.

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I reaally like the red accents on the Dinc but I really hate the tiered back plate!

I love it if more phones came out with good colored accents. I hate the gold on my ogDroid, I wish it was dark red, or dark blue, or dark green <-- all good colors.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
@vzwuser76 - every time i drop my phone the back door goes flying! and the battery with it. had a fascinate on loan for a while and it never came apart when i dropped it (the plastic back on that phone is crazy tight, and really hard to pry off by hand as well).

@vdefender - i hate the red trim around the camera lens. also, if the tbolt (im assuming its tbolt not evo?) in your pic came ONLY with a blue kickstand i would.... probably not get the device..
aand not because i don't like color, i mean, i have a bfa in visual art from college, i just dont want colors on the body of my phone. or on the body of my car, either, for that matter.
;)

@Chris - haha ok i'm pretty new to ac forums, and there seems to be lots of anti apple witch-hunting.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I know that we all understand that this ultimately doesn't matter, but I'm happy to see that it looks like it will get the Droid name on it. Now I can call it the Dolt again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781