02-14-2011 03:09 PM
55 123
tools
    Does anyone know if Verizon is planning on slapping the 'Droid' branding on the Thunderbolt? I mean I realize not a lot of people know much about the phone yet, but I can't find this question answered anywhere, even half-***.

I will want the device regardless, but I'm just curious as to whether it will be a DOLT or not xD
    01-30-2011 09:27 PM
    its called the droid thunderbolt!
    01-30-2011 09:28 PM
    its called the droid thunderbolt!
    Source? Even HTC's website just says the HTC Thunderbolt with Verizon. No Mention of Droid anywhere, not at CES either, at least not to my knowledge.
    01-30-2011 09:31 PM
    I believe HTC Thunderbolt because HTC has the Droid Incredible and may come out with the Droid Incredible HD
    01-30-2011 09:42 PM
    I believe HTC Thunderbolt because HTC has the Droid Incredible and may come out with the Droid Incredible HD
    Exactly... this is what it will be branded as.
    01-30-2011 09:51 PM
    Exactly... this is what it will be branded as.

Why do you say that though? Moto has more than one Droid Device on VZW, D2, D2G,DX,DPro.. why not the Droid Incredible 2 and Droid Thunderbolt?

HTC use to only refer to the Incredible as just that, now on their site is says Droid Incredible. I'm still wondering if we'll see a Droid branding on it, its ultimately at final say of Verizon since they're the ones paying for the licensing. I just can't see Verizon doing a phone as big as this, at least for them it sure is, and not slapping a Droid name on it, this phone signifies everything that the Droid lineup is about.
    01-30-2011 10:14 PM
    I think at one time it was a Droid phone but who knows it don't care if they slap Droid all over the phone just leave bing off
    01-31-2011 12:07 AM
    All i'm saying is Droid Mecha would have been cooler, But I still love you Thunderbolt.
    01-31-2011 05:33 PM
    In the bootup. you don't hear the DROID sound. That sucks, i love the droid branding.
    01-31-2011 06:04 PM
    Droid thunderbolt sounds perfect.
    01-31-2011 06:07 PM
    I'm fine with it just being called the Thunderbolt, and I like the boot up screen.
    ruger141 likes this.
    01-31-2011 06:12 PM
    i hate the droid branding, because when you ask your "friend who doesnt know **** about phone" what phone he has all he said is, "a droid" which is f***ing annoying. [/rant] i believe the phone is going to be called "htc thunderbolt" because it says that on the official vzw comparison charts
    AJPeoples likes this.
    01-31-2011 07:04 PM
    i hate the droid branding, because when you ask your "friend who doesnt know **** about phone" what phone he has all he said is, "a droid" which is f***ing annoying. [/rant] i believe the phone is going to be called "htc thunderbolt" because it says that on the official vzw comparison charts
    Lol i hate that. You don't have a droid, you have a freaking Evo!!!! lol
    01-31-2011 07:11 PM
    I only like droid branding because it insures a google branded device. Other than that, it is just cool, like iPhone cool.
    01-31-2011 07:20 PM
    Personally don't care about droid name or branding, or the "droooid" sound effect. Not sold on thunderbolt either, but tbolt works.
    01-31-2011 07:40 PM
    Personally don't care about droid name or branding, or the "droooid" sound effect. Not sold on thunderbolt either, but tbolt works.
    Even though the DOIRD was the first brand to stand up and tell Apple to stick it? (Mobil) Yeah, it is a VZW/Lucas films thing, and I wouldn't suspect everyone like it. DRRROOOOIIIIIIIIIIID! baha
    01-31-2011 07:44 PM
    I love the sound of the Thunderbolt at start up, don't change it.
    01-31-2011 09:04 PM
    Even though the DOIRD was the first brand to stand up and tell Apple to stick it? (Mobil) Yeah, it is a VZW/Lucas films thing, and I wouldn't suspect everyone like it. DRRROOOOIIIIIIIIIIID! baha
    haha yeah the i like the droid line up (have an incredible) but the droid moniker doesnt do much for me...
    and did anybody buy the r2d2 d2?
    not to hate on star wars (um, the old ones anyway)
    01-31-2011 11:04 PM
    haha yeah the i like the droid line up (have an incredible) but the droid moniker doesnt do much for me...
    and did anybody buy the r2d2 d2?
    not to hate on star wars (um, the old ones anyway)
    I liked the SW edition, but it was to pseudo geek for me ha ha!
    psycho_maniac likes this.
    01-31-2011 11:10 PM
    I liked the SW edition, but it was to pseudo geek for me ha ha!
    haha yeah no thanks
    02-02-2011 08:39 PM
    While we're on the topic, (um sort of anyway), i also don't like the terminator aesthetics of the droid family.
    moto, you don't have to prove how tough you are!
    and i hate the back of my incredible wtf
    02-03-2011 06:51 PM
    While we're on the topic, (um sort of anyway), i also don't like the terminator aesthetics of the droid family.
    Terminator? Where's that coming from?
    Me personally, I'd like to see a return to the styling of the OG Droid, heavy, durable, glass, metal, and an odd accent color. Like the gold on the D1. I really would like to see more thought put into the aesthetics of all Android phones, especially the high end ones.

What's wrong with the back of the Incredible particularly, I like it, it's unique and different, feels good in the hand, no scratched up flimsy plastic, no glass.. WTF is with that anyway. Off center camera, and the camera is the only thing I don't like about my Incredible, solved with the glossy TPU skin from VZW so it doesn't get broken.
    02-03-2011 07:34 PM
    Terminator? Where's that coming from?
    Me personally, I'd like to see a return to the styling of the OG Droid, heavy, durable, glass, metal, and an odd accent color. Like the gold on the D1. I really would like to see more thought put into the aesthetics of all Android phones, especially the high end ones.

What's wrong with the back of the Incredible particularly, I like it, it's unique and different, feels good in the hand, no scratched up flimsy plastic, no glass.. WTF is with that anyway. Off center camera, and the camera is the only thing I don't like about my Incredible, solved with the glossy TPU skin from VZW so it doesn't get broken.
    I assume you're referring to the i*hone 4. I agree with ya there, people worry enough to put screen protectors over the touchscreen, so apple goes and puts glass on both sides. It may look cool but not really practical unless you use a cover or like to take chances. Even Engadget (who a lot of people say are apple groupies) have said they have had to replace a few of their backs. I just don't get it.
    02-03-2011 07:54 PM
    Seems to be Motorola is pulling away from the rugged metal design of their previous Droid line of phones. The Bionic has a plastic back, and I wouldn't be surprised for them to continue this. Consumers are demanding thinner and lighter devices.

Personally, I love a little extra weight to my phone. But that's just me.
    02-03-2011 08:09 PM
    yea, i think moto is gonna go after the more business user. since the droid pro that carbon looking design is gonna be used. i dont like it, droid x an droid og is realy only 2 moto phones i like physically. htc tho some wat cloning designs still has that solid feel an has little ways to tweek a line of phones.
    02-03-2011 08:24 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD