evo vs. bolt

Weshouston

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
lol the question had to be asked. anyway i was wondering if you think i should jump to Verizon or stay on sprint, im leaning towards Verizon

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Looks like it's fixed. :) It was adding some post info at the beginning of the hyperlink.

Eh, I know what you're talking about. It happens to me sometimes too, and I've never figured out a solution. The link will be broken for the person who posted it, but everyone else will be able to click on it fine. Also, these methods of linking will always work:

[URL="https://forums.androidcentral.com/posts/569838/"]Click here to read this post[/URL]

[URL="https://forums.androidcentral.com/threads/56967/"]Click here to read this thread[/URL]

Results:

Click here to read this post

Click here to read this thread

But if I shouldn't have to tell you all that. It should just work without a member having to know the intricacies of vBulletin. Hopefully v4 fixes that :)

Reactions: paulmike3

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Oh and FWIW Wesley, in my humble opinion, the EVO and Thunderbolt are equally awesome in their own ways. Go with whomever provides you the best coverage and bang for your buck. I don't think I would switch from one carrier to the other for either phone.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
yea, depending on your coverage is who i would go with. here where i live sprint is garbage. friends with evo's are lucky to get 2mb even when they are in a 4g area. its sad. an he cant walk in his own house with out losing full coverage lol. but verizon has great coverage here. an my whole state will be covered in 4g by mid year. so this is a no brainer for me

as far as hardware. the tbolt wins it for me. its 2nd gen sd proc. 768 mb ram. sense2

tho u can compare them all day, bolt wins. imo. but verizon coverage is way better across the country. an if you are in a 4g market, no brainer.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
i have verizon now and the coverage is great. sprint is cheaper with more features for my dollar and the evo is amazing, sprint has pretty good coverage. I am torn.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
honestly. i would find someone with an evo or 4g phone an ask them how there coverage is an do a speed test on ther phone. cause i no people that went to save a dime. an now they are gonna pay more on etf's to get back to verizon or tmo

i had a bad run with sprint in high school, (before smartphones) with sprints way of business an i will never be a customer again. but they also suck here.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
sprint etf is 200. worse case scenario i cancel and sell the evo on ebay to make up for the etf. Then I start over on verizon with a lesson learned, right?

Reactions: ruger141

Spoon

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Sprint: good phone on ****ty carrier = ****ty phone (end user experience)

Verizon: good phone on good carrier = great phone (end user experience)

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Sprint: good phone on ****ty carrier = ****ty phone (end user experience)

Verizon: good phone on good carrier = great phone (end user experience)

this really depends on where you live and if you get the sprint 4g or not. where i live, there's no sprint, att...ect....just verizon...lol

ThomasT626

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I used to be on Verizon for a long, long time. Hesitantly made the switch to Sprint when the Epic 4G came out. I will be going back to Verizon immediately once the Thunderbolt comes out and pay the Sprint ETF.

Reason being - Verizon's 3G speeds were consistently faster and more reliable. I also work in an area where Sprint coverage is dubbed "Best", but in the room I work, I get 1 or 2 bars and internet speed is practically non-existent. Verizon connects just fine with no problems, same for fellow AT&T users. And my vacation home in the hills of Tennesse only has Verizon 3G coverage.

Last, but not least, I can get a plan on Verizon for the same price as Sprint for what I need. Some of the extra "perks" included in Sprint's plans that you have to pay extra for on Verizon are not necessary for me and I hardly ever used them.

As far as WiMax vs LTE - I have confidence in Verizon's claim that they'll have their entire 3G footprint covered in 4G by the end of 2013, whereas Wimax is just a guessing game currently. And judging from early LTE user reports of performance, LTE seems to be killer and I expect it to be fast and reliable even once more users start using the network.

Bottom line for me - A smartphone can be great, but if the network isn't up to par, then it's not a very satisfying experience. Although Sprint's customer service was great and their plan offered great value, I can't wait to go back to Verizon and be back on their network with an Evo-esque device, but with updated hardware and software improvements.

rewd

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I used to be on Verizon for a long, long time. Hesitantly made the switch to Sprint when the Epic 4G came out. I will be going back to Verizon immediately once the Thunderbolt comes out and pay the Sprint ETF.

Reason being - Verizon's 3G speeds were consistently faster and more reliable. I also work in an area where Sprint coverage is dubbed "Best", but in the room I work, I get 1 or 2 bars and internet speed is practically non-existent. Verizon connects just fine with no problems, same for fellow AT&T users. And my vacation home in the hills of Tennesse only has Verizon 3G coverage.

Last, but not least, I can get a plan on Verizon for the same price as Sprint for what I need. Some of the extra "perks" included in Sprint's plans that you have to pay extra for on Verizon are not necessary for me and I hardly ever used them.

As far as WiMax vs LTE - I have confidence in Verizon's claim that they'll have their entire 3G footprint covered in 4G by the end of 2013, whereas Wimax is just a guessing game currently. And judging from early LTE user reports of performance, LTE seems to be killer and I expect it to be fast and reliable even once more users start using the network.

Bottom line for me - A smartphone can be great, but if the network isn't up to par, then it's not a very satisfying experience. Although Sprint's customer service was great and their plan offered great value, I can't wait to go back to Verizon and be back on their network with an Evo-esque device, but with updated hardware and software improvements.

Same boat here except I'm on AT&T. I work in a lab where my AT&T data service is a pain in the butt where my Verizon-using coworker has no issues at all. And the less said about the dropped calls on AT&T the better....

If anyone is thinking about switching away from VZW just wait it out for the Tbolt. Trust those of us that have done it and made that mistake in the past. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey