No Waiting List?

ruger141

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I started another Thread in the Verizon Forumn (http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon/57447-waiting-list-s.html) about my issues regarding trying to get on a Waiting list for the T-Bolt. I was told from an in store rep that Verizon does not currently have a Waiting List for the T-Bolt.
Do you guys think its even needed? As in will I be able to get my hands on the phone in store on release day? I have never done that for a phone before and since I am excited about coming over to Android and about the Thunder Bolt i thought it would be cool to get it on release day.:cool:

Mooch10

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I asked the Best Buy rep that exact question this past Sunday. He said your guess is as good as mine. there is no waiting list its first come first served. he said they have not been getting an overwhelming request for the Tbolt. Right now everyone is focused on the iPhone. What I am going to do is wait for the official release date and be at Best Buy when they open.

ruger141

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Cool, I have to go the VZ route since I will be switching to a Family plan to do so and activating my old flip phone in place of my current Black Berry so that I end up with a $6 a month increase from a single line Blackberry to a Dual Line Family Plan with 250 more minutes with the T-Bolt and the old flip active on it :D

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Cool, I have to go the VZ route since I will be switching to a Family plan to do so and activating my old flip phone in place of my current Black Berry so that I end up with a $6 a month increase from a single line Blackberry to a Dual Line Family Plan with 250 more minutes with the T-Bolt and the old flip active on it :D

well thats devious...

Haso17

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, everyone that wants a T-Bolt should tell their friends and so on to get the iPhone. More T-Bolts left over for us!

Haso17

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, yes it is. But if you are not smart enough to know Android is superior then shame on whoever buys an iPhone lol

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I asked the Best Buy rep that exact question this past Sunday. He said your guess is as good as mine. there is no waiting list its first come first served. he said they have not been getting an overwhelming request for the Tbolt. Right now everyone is focused on the iPhone. What I am going to do is wait for the official release date and be at Best Buy when they open.

If you really want the phone on launch day, I'd suggest keeping your eyes & ears on alert for a pre-order. I didn't pre-order a DroidX, was at Best Buy launch day before they opened with no other folks. I was unable to get one cause all the first shipment of X's had been sold via pre-order.

No point in not pre-ordering if you know you're going to want the phone for certain anyway.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I must admit, i kind of like the idea of getting the phone no one else has. I stand out,and inside i know that im rocking the best phone available in the us.

Mooch10

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
If you really want the phone on launch day, I'd suggest keeping your eyes & ears on alert for a pre-order. I didn't pre-order a DroidX, was at Best Buy launch day before they opened with no other folks. I was unable to get one cause all the first shipment of X's had been sold via pre-order.

No point in not pre-ordering if you know you're going to want the phone for certain anyway.

rigorx, that makes sense. where do you suggest keeping an eye out for pree-ordering?

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I am new to android and this forum...the T-bolt will be my first android (last two years have been using a BB storm).

I want to wait a couple of weeks until I hear more. If I cannot use the phone for 12 hours without the battery running out...that will be a deal breaker for me. I am in Akron OH. We are int eh 4G map, but I am really concerned about the battery!

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
rigorx, that makes sense. where do you suggest keeping an eye out for pree-ordering?

It'll be headline news here on the AndroidCentral website for sure. I have RSS subscriptions / feeds to several good Android news sites that I keep an eye on a lot :)

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
If I cannot use the phone for 12 hours without the battery running out...that will be a deal breaker for me.

This is not easy to answer, cause it will really depend on just HOW much and what functions you're using the phone for in that 12 hour period. Your definition of moderate to heavy use may be different than mine. These batteries generally take about 4-6 charge cycles to become conditioned. I'd suggest pre-ordering, picking up a TBolt, and using the heck out of it for about a week or so. If it's not living up to your standards / expectations, you'll still be able to return it and void any cell contract. Obviously, check your local state / county laws regarding cell contracts and returns, but I believe most are at least 2 weeks.

Seido will have stock size and even larger extended battery options as well.

Reactions: amotter

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
thanks rigor x...you know i never thought of that....kind of a hassle...but not a big deal breaker.

A very awesome dude also put up some battery info and advise in the Evo 4G forum as a way to consolidate all the discussion people have had....apparently the Evo 4G sucks power art a pretty good clip. He said something similar...gotta know what to shut off and when to shut it off, etc. I am guessing if we all get Bolts...we will be having these discussions as well!

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
This is not easy to answer, cause it will really depend on just HOW much and what functions you're using the phone for in that 12 hour period. Your definition of moderate to heavy use may be different than mine. These batteries generally take about 4-6 charge cycles to become conditioned. I'd suggest pre-ordering, picking up a TBolt, and using the heck out of it for about a week or so. If it's not living up to your standards / expectations, you'll still be able to return it and void any cell contract. Obviously, check your local state / county laws regarding cell contracts and returns, but I believe most are at least 2 weeks.

Seido will have stock size and even larger extended battery options as well.

I just bought the wife a Seido battery for her Droid and it's been nice. I will definitely get the high-cap standard size from Seido (not the oversized extended version).

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
OK...this will not be the first time I ask a stupid question....but the info inthese forums is so awesome....what is the difference between high cap standard size and oversized extended version....

One other dumb question...I am looking to buy two TBs (me and the wife)...if we shell out for the more powerful battery...does that mean the battery that came with the phone can be used as a back-up battery? I know...dumb question!

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
a high-cap standard size means it has a higher mAh (milli-amp hours) than the standard battery but doesn't require a larger battery cover

i.e. same size battery but higher capacity of cells

1400 vs 1500 or something like that

now extended could be as high as 1800 or 2000 vs the original 1400, but you need a larger battery cover to fit the bigger battery

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463