User Replacable battery

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the battery will be replaceable (make that, upgradeable) on the Tbolt.

I am thinking of letting my g/f take the dive on the i4 on VZW...and I'll wait for this phone.
I've read the HTC lineup handles Exchange email better than the Motorola phones...
I know I can get Touchdown or K9, but it should work out of the box properly (Exchange email)
The only other part is battery life. I've yet to see an Android phone yet that didn't require charging too frequently.

I'll take a little more size/weight if it gives me a longer day with the phone.

I watched the video on the phone, the "unibody" construction, but the quality of the video wasn't great....

Can the battery be replaced/upgraded?

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
yes it can be replaced. as i no htcpedia already has some batteries in the shop section
ther is the 1400 thats already in phone, an external battery and a 2750mah htc battery with backplate.

personally i dont like the idea of making the phone bigger. so if they can make a battery same size better than 1400 ill get it. but as the release approaches more accessories will show up

Reactions: amotter

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Thank you sir...
Coming from a BlackBerry, I will deal with the extra bulk if it means I can actually use my phone for more than a day on a single charge.
With moderate use on my BB (and I know IF I get this phone, the first week I'll be abusing/using it) I get about 2 to 2.5 days on a charge.

If I can get a day to day and a half I'd be fine with that.
I simply refuse to plug a device in at home at night and again half way into the next day to make it through to the next night....

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
i can almost promise you. 1 day will be max lol. unless the 2nd gen snapdragon an other are optimized to do better on battery life. but i wouldnt expect anything past a solid work day lol.

luckily while im at work it will just stay put as i work with a laptop on an air card. and i have a work phone if i need a call or web browsing im covered. but games....they will get played an texting as well with my bolt

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I've tested a D1, D2 and X....that's where my battery paranoia starts. :)
However, there are several functions I could use on this phone that would make it worth while if a larger battery is available!

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
they usually make larger batteries. but they come with new back plate that make the phone ugly an bulky. the incredible extended battery was one of the ugliest things iv ever seen. make it look like the hunchback

Reactions: SpaceHippie

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
There will be several extended batteries. some will require a new battery door and make the phone a little thicker. some might not.
You could always just carry a spare battery (smaller than carrying a charger everywhere).

edit
there also hasnt been any official battery life info on this phone yet

teddeli

May 3, 2010
Visit site
yes it can be replaced. as i no htcpedia already has some batteries in the shop section
ther is the 1400 thats already in phone, an external battery and a 2750mah htc battery with backplate.

personally i dont like the idea of making the phone bigger. so if they can make a battery same size better than 1400 ill get it. but as the release approaches more accessories will show up

I have the Verizon 2100 extended battery for the Incredible with the larger backplate and the cut out case for the larger plate. I am used to the size now and actually prefer the extra weight. It feels more secure in my hand. It also lasts much longer than the stock battery or Seidio 1750.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to get an extended battery for the TB also. I'm ok with the extra bulk if it gives me more battery time!

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
i can understand that. but i feel that the bolt will be big enough already. but for the incredible, it really is light an small so im sure that battery makes it feel more solid

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
i can understand that. but i feel that the bolt will be big enough already. but for the incredible, it really is light an small so im sure that battery makes it feel more solid

I agree with you 100%. I'm really hoping for a solid day of use. I don't mind keeping a spare battery in my purse for "emergencies" but hope not have to use it very often.

I wonder...which will use more battery...being in and out of 3G coverage with a bad signal and constant switching between 3G and 1X, or just turning on 4G and getting a strong, solid signal?

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you 100%. I'm really hoping for a solid day of use. I don't mind keeping a spare battery in my purse for "emergencies" but hope not have to use it very often.

I wonder...which will use more battery...being in and out of 3G coverage with a bad signal and constant switching between 3G and 1X, or just turning on 4G and getting a strong, solid signal?

No one knows for sure on that as there have been no LTE smartphones released yet. But going by what some of the testers are saying, if you don't need the 4G speed all the time, your best bet is to turn it off until you do need it.

My guess is the 4G drain will be anywhere from equal to, to 1 1/2 times the drain of a low 3G signal. That's just an assumption going by what tbolt testers are saying and looking at how much the 4G drain on the Evo was when tested, as that is really the only thing to compare this to.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
its a good question. i no any phone will drain the battery goin in an out of 3g. but 4g is working on the lte radio. so we will see. im sure turning any radio off during roaming or any in an out of coverage.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
No one knows for sure on that as there have been no LTE smartphones released yet. But going by what some of the testers are saying, if you don't need the 4G speed all the time, your best bet is to turn it off until you do need it.

My guess is the 4G drain will be anywhere from equal to, to 1 1/2 times the drain of a low 3G signal. That's just an assumption going by what tbolt testers are saying and looking at how much the 4G drain on the Evo was when tested, as that is really the only thing to compare this to.

Ouch.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
this 1400mah battery is def the scary weak point in the phone. we hope it isnt. i would hope htc has done great testing an research, i mean this phone has taken a while to get in our hands.

but friends g2 last a whole day till he sleeps. has a 1250mah battery. i no this screen is bigger an has 4g radio. but if it can make thru 10 hours ill be fine.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
HTCpedia won't have the extd battery in until 4-8-11, 2 months I certainly hope Verizon and BB don't have this issue, which to me is a recurring issue with HTC, they never get their batteries out for their products and they know the battery life is not the best.

They need to work on their battery management.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
You guys must have forgotten, the Inc had plastic back. the TB has a unibody aluminum body. An extended battery will make this phone either heavy as hell, ugly as hell, or will be made cheap as hell. Im gonna get the highest extended battery that will fit in the orig battery door and live with it. this 1750 battery on my inc is ok. The 3500 was awful. I loed the battery life, but the size was just ridiculous. Even my blackberry was smaller.