What will you do first when you get your Thunderbolt?

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
OK, this is my very first posting of a new thread :)

Note: Never owned an android and have a crappy blackberry storm (have noted others in the same boat)!

First thing I want to do is spend about a week or so learning how to actually use it!

I found this forum that has me SUPER PUMPED! Thank you MILOMINDERBINDER!

http://forum.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/31622-getting-started-android-tips-tricks.html

My thinking is that when I can become proficient at the Sense Operating System and how things work...I can start taking advantage of the phone!

Any other suggestions for a newbie like me? What will you do when you get your hands on your new Thunder!

Reactions: Johnly

Kazer

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually new to android as well.. coming over from an iPhone (I know, what was I thinking?).

So I'll get accustomed to the OS, mess around with Sense and read up more on rooting to decide if I even want to, drive up to Akron to test out the LTE speeds at some point, and celebrate not having to use an iPhone ever again!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I would run it through all its passes. Testing every corner of the phones functions, and making sure they all work, right down to Blue tooth. Then I would play on it some, and evaluate the new sense. then I would root, and run every ROM possible! Love Android! Tips and tricks thread is gold! AMOTTER THANKS!

eddiec312

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt will be my first android phone also coming from an Iphone 4. Most of my co-workers though ( I work in IT) have androids and I have messed around with theirs. I can't wait to get this phone.

First thing i'm going to do though to answer your question is get all my contacts, pictures, and emails on the android.

Reactions: amotter

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
also my first android device. if it does release on 14th, i will be traveling that afternoon to a 4g market already launched. so speedtest for sure! if 24then im gona push it to the max. an tinker with every little option

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt will be my first android phone also coming from an Iphone 4. Most of my co-workers though ( I work in IT) have androids and I have messed around with theirs. I can't wait to get this phone.

First thing i'm going to do though to answer your question is get all my contacts, pictures, and emails on the android.

Yes, I guess the very first thing to do is get the e-mail and contacts and calendar set up. Thanks...you are right....this should be my first priority! Must I use gmail? I do have a gmail account...are their multiple ways of syncing up with Microsoft Outlook (2007)...if there is...is one way better than the other?

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I would run it through all its passes. Testing every corner of the phones functions, and making sure they all work, right down to Blue tooth. Then I would play on it some, and evaluate the new sense. then I would root, and run every ROM possible! Love Android! Tips and tricks thread is gold! AMOTTER THANKS!

Pretty much the same as you there, except for the rooting, haven't got to that point yet.

Really itching to try the video chat, we'll see if they have an app for Yahoo video chat by the time the tbolt's out.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Assuming I get one, the first thing I'm gonna do is abuse the thing as much as I possibly can. No, not physically, but I'm gonna be playing with the thing nonstop, installing apps, changing settings around. After about a week of doing that I'll have a pretty good idea if it's something I can see myself keeping for a while.

Then I'll start exploring things like rooting and such.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the Android Jungle its fun out here. I did exactly what you did last year, I got rid of my Storm 2 and got the Droid Inc. I was like, whoa, this phone is full of features I felt overwhelmed at first. But the neat part is just playing around.

I would say the tips and tricks which did help me along with the forums here. Most importantly dive in, play around you really can't break it and worst case you just wipe and start over.

I would get a really good feel before jumping too heavily into app purchases and take some time to read reviews because buying an 3-5 apps that do the same thing can be a real bummer (I have done that).

AppBrain Android Market - Download the best Android Apps and Games or Home - Android Market allow you to browse on the web read and get a good feel of apps.

No such thing as a dumb question, so feel free to ask.

Reactions: amotter

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Kiss and whisper sweet nothings into it's ear.

But after that i'll set up my widgets and home screens the way I want them also mess around with sense as this will be my first HTC device.

ruger141

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Contacts/Calendar/Apps/Customize

Then find someone on here to try video chat! Cool.

I dont think you will have any trouble there ;)

Besides transfering my contacts over and setting up email, just get familure with the phone and Android as it will be my first Android experience coming from my Bold 9650.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad