VZW Store in MA giving away a Thunderbolt on 2/12?

czimbaldi

Banned
Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, been following these forums for a while and thought I'd share something I saw on Twitter....
Wireless Zone Noho (WirelessZneNoho) on Twitter

A new Verizon Wireless store is opening in MA on 2/12... according to their promo they are giving away a TBolt:
162 North King St Big Y, Walmart, Staples Plaza, Northampton MA 01060 Franchise - Wireless Zone

"Join us for an official grand opening on Febuary 12th! We will be giving away 2 new android phones! One of them is the all new 4G HTC THUNDERBOLT! We also will have food and beverages. Monte from 93.9 The River will be broadcasting live and giving away ski passes! Plenty of giveaways and great deals on phones! Stop in and visit! Help us kick off the new location!!!"

This suggests the Thunderbolt will be available on or before 2/12. Can't wait for this phone, so this is great news to me. Thoughts?

Kazer

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
More reason to keep believing the February 14th launch date I suppose. I seriously wish Verizon would just make an announcement and get it over with.

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Promos are often like this; you pick up the goods at a later time, they ship it to you, etc.

Since the release date does look to be the 14th, who knows, maybe they'll have it on hand.

Kazer

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Haha one of the editors over at Droid-Life just called the store and the person he talked to said they were giving the phone out on the 12th (they actually have it on hand to give out) but the phone won't be released yet.

If they have the phone on hand it's gotta be released soon after that (at least I'd assume so), so hopefully the 14th is the date.

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe this crap from Verizon... What's the big deal... tell us the freaking date..

Honestly I am start to look at At&T's Atrix, I am sick and tired of Verizon's games.

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe this crap from Verizon... What's the big deal... tell us the freaking date..

Honestly I am start to look at At&T's Atrix, I am sick and tired of Verizon's games.

Chill. Do you really think Verizon doesn't want to announce it ? Supposedly they are holding back just in case HTC's shipping schedule slips back.

Or... go have fun with the mighty Atrix on the worst voice network and "4G".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21