Thunderbolt Pre Announcement Waiting Room & Availability Thread.

TrueBlue

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I was talking with a VZW tech rep the other day b/c of issues with my BB (surprise) and was grilling her about when I can get my hands on the Bolt. She of course said "really soon but they won't tell us when because they know we'll tell you"...I told her my area doesn't have LTE yet but Charlotte NC does, and asked how the Bolt would work for me if I traveled back and forth. She said it would automatically switch to LTE when I got in an LTE area but when I left I would have to turn the phone off and back on to get it to work on 3G again.

koalabear

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Heres what we do know: VZW will announce it via their Twitter account (you can set Twitter to text you when they do) VZW and HTC will announce it with their website email sign ups AND your local Best Buy will call you if you have a preorder in. AND about 10 milliseconds after all that it will be on all the tech blogs. So take a deep breath, stop reading all the speculation and wait for real news which will NOT BE HERE FIRST NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
1) Open the link the OP posted.
2) Scroll down to the description.
3) Look for "Launch Dates".
4) Profit!

There isn't any calendar dates in the description, just "Launch Dates". The OP fooled ya!

Oh I see. Well I hope the OP's thunderbolt gets back ordered. haha

Kazer

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Heck, at this point I don't even care if they announce it. As long as it's actually on sale by the end of the month then I'll be good to go.

But I'm expecting an announcement this Thursday (17th).

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Heres what we do know: VZW will announce it via their Twitter account (you can set Twitter to text you when they do) VZW and HTC will announce it with their website email sign ups AND your local Best Buy will call you if you have a preorder in. AND about 10 milliseconds after all that it will be on all the tech blogs. So take a deep breath, stop reading all the speculation and wait for real news which will NOT BE HERE FIRST NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY.

Way to put it Koala.

I'm actually not even checking these forums that much anymore because the same 20 people right now keep going off like they were promised the world and all the posts are starting to say the same thing.

Reactions: dispatcher0531

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I was talking with a VZW tech rep the other day b/c of issues with my BB (surprise) and was grilling her about when I can get my hands on the Bolt. She of course said "really soon but they won't tell us when because they know we'll tell you"...I told her my area doesn't have LTE yet but Charlotte NC does, and asked how the Bolt would work for me if I traveled back and forth. She said it would automatically switch to LTE when I got in an LTE area but when I left I would have to turn the phone off and back on to get it to work on 3G again.

i would say this lady most likely lacks any "real" intelligence" i wouldn't take that even with a grain of salt i've never heard of such foolishness, when you leave a 3G area do you have to reset your phone? no. lol

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
When LTE USB sticks for laptops first launched there was a delay in the hand-off between 3G & 4G -- up to two minutes as I recall. But that's been fixed.

hydroz_23

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
The chat reps know nothing now and will still know nothing after the device is released. You do realize that a good part of those chats are "bots" right??

TrueBlue

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I dunno, I am definitely not a techie nor know enough to ask specific questions...just repeating what she told me. All I know is I want the phone already! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463