HTCSense.com to be ready for T-Bolt Release?

Haso17

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if i'm the only one, but i recently checked out htcsense.com to try and see if i could get a head start with setting different aspects of my account. They only listed two phones though, anyone think it'll be ready to go by release day?

Kazer

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I tried to go on the website too to see if I could set up an account ahead of time. I'm assuming HTC will have it ready to go at launch or shortly after.

Haso17

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I mean it seems like an awesome feature to go along with Sense but what about the EVO? Undoubtedly one of HTC biggest phones isn't even listed. I hope it doesn't become into some worthless project to them.

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
there was a post somewhere on here, where someone emailed HTC about Thunderbolt compatabilty, and they said it wouldn't be there at launch, but in the future it would be able to connect if the system was up to it.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Word was that it would not be, but maybe later. I think the current feeling is that since Vzw already has a paid service such as this that they won't offer it free.

Haso17

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
there was a post somewhere on here, where someone emailed HTC about Thunderbolt compatabilty, and they said it wouldn't be there at launch, but in the future it would be able to connect if the system was up to it.

Exactly, "up to it". That's like half-@$$ing a project in my mind.

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
well they don't exactly want their whole system being bogged down. They probably wanna get a feel for how many people are gonna get them, and then go from there. Unless Verizon doesn't allow it for some reason

Haso17

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Verizon should have much of a problem. I think RIM has something similar with the blackberrys but i'm not sure. It stinks that other people running sense on there phone can't use it while HTC is sort of waving it around like "Yeah...maybe we'll get to it" lol

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Everything really depends on whether or not VZW lets that fly. It is a direct competitor to something they offer "free" with the insurance.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
i was the one that emailed htc about this, they said at launch it will not work as htcsense.com isnt ready for more devices, but it wont be long. but the phone wont be compatible until verizon gives it the thumbs up. most likely due to the features verizon charges extra for....
i emailed verizon about this about a week-2 weeks ago an still no response. so that tells you sense.com may never work. but fingers crossed.

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I too emailed HTC and asked about HTCsense.com and they told me that it will NOT be available at launch but MAY become available at a future date.

Kazer

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I too emailed HTC and asked about HTCsense.com and they told me that it will NOT be available at launch but MAY become available at a future date.

Well that's disappointing. I was really looking forward to the added features of the website!

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Well look at it this way. Its added incentive for you to keep track of your phone. Hopefully no one will ever need it.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't hold my breathe. Verizon is all about what makes them more $$$. At least in that regard you know what to expect.

Which is exactly why I won't be surprised if Verizon doesn't want anything to do with htcsense.com. Thankfully, it won't be a dealbreaker for me.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Honestly, how can they block it? I'm still not sure that they could (assuming it might require root access).

Well, the simplest way is that if Verizon doesn't want it, they can tell HTC to make sure it's left off of htcsense.com's device list, plain and simple. I'm not saying Verizon will do this, but that's what seems most logical to me.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
if this phone is $250. i want my features lol. i no that verizon doesnt want to give anything away but if i buy a product from htc i want the features they worked hard on. moto doesnt do that so i dont buy moto

martin erwin

May 18, 2010
Visit site
To say that Verizon may block the feature because it may interfere with a service they get paid for is ludicrous at worst, ill-informed at best.

The phone finding feature is offered by Asurion, not Verizon. It was a smart move on the part of Asurion because in the long run it, as any other phone-finding app, will save them money.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2