Thunderbolt approved by FCC

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Great find. It is amazing that the FCC approval has been given this late considering most of us expect the phone to drop on the 14th. I guess that is just enough time to start distribution of phones for the 14th, but perhaps not?!

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Maybe now ads will start rolling out.

Was thinking...

Perhaps the reason there are no ads out right now is the foreshadowing of the iPhone. Whats the point in putting revenue in ads if the iPhone is going to gobble up all the attention anyway. There really is no point in it because the phone will sell like hotcakes anyway (iPhone). Might as well wait it out, let that ****storm blow over, and then (perhaps same day or the 11th) roll out something to take people's attention away from the iPhone.

Seems to make sense to me anyway.

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I guess the late FCC approval might explain, in part, the delay in a firm release date announcement from Verizon.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

tucker_dahlin

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Was thinking...

Perhaps the reason there are no ads out right now is the foreshadowing of the iPhone. Whats the point in putting revenue in ads if the iPhone is going to gobble up all the attention anyway. There really is no point in it because the phone will sell like hotcakes anyway (iPhone). Might as well wait it out, let that ****storm blow over, and then (perhaps same day or the 11th) roll out something to take people's attention away from the iPhone.

Seems to make sense to me anyway.

I dont think it would make much difference. The same amount of ppl are gonna sign contracts either way. VZW doesnt give a crap which phone you buy, it's the contract that matters.

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I think the more likely scenario is that Verizon realizes that they don't really need to advertise the Bolt yet. Their target market for the Bolt, at least initially, are early adopters who read tech blogs or are otherwise well informed. The iPhone, by comparison is aimed at the more mainstream consumer, who generally needs to be informed--or at least reminded--by TV ads. Verizon is going to allocate its advertising resources where and when it makes the most sense to do so.

Reactions: imathteacher

Kazer

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I think the more likely scenario is that Verizon realizes that they don't really need to advertise the Bolt yet. Their target market for the Bolt, at least initially, are early adopters who read tech blogs or are otherwise well informed. The iPhone, by comparison is aimed at the more mainstream consumer, who generally needs to be informed--or at least reminded--by TV ads. Verizon is going to allocate its advertising resources where and when it makes the most sense to do so.

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing, but they could just announce the release date on Facebook and not waste any $$$ on marketing and make us all happy!

shaddix

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Hey this makes a lot of sense thanks for posting that. This seems spot on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08