Most underrated feature

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Although not exclusive to the TBolt, I think the most desired feature by me will be the mobile hotspot. I can't wait to have a device where I can tether my iPad, iPod Touch, and laptop into should I need to get online while I'm away from home.

you lost me... I could understand the iPad for larger screen purposes... but why the iPod touch? The Thunderbolt has a much better web browser....

and for me, just the fact that its Android is great because I'm coming from a voyager and have wanted an Android for quite some time.

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
you lost me... I could understand the iPad for larger screen purposes... but why the iPod touch? The Thunderbolt has a much better web browser.....

He was saying that the most under rated feature in his eyes is that the Thunderbolt can make a wifi hotspot so that he can connect his ipad/ipod to the internet when away from home. And I would assume he'd be web browsing on the laptop or ipad, and probably be browsing music with the ipod. Because lets face it, the ipod touch is a fantastic music player.

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
He was saying that the most under rated feature in his eyes is that the Thunderbolt can make a wifi hotspot so that he can connect his ipad/ipod to the internet when away from home. And I would assume he'd be web browsing on the laptop or ipad, and probably be browsing music with the ipod. Because lets face it, the ipod touch is a fantastic music player.

I completely understood his point about the wifi hotspot and utilizing it for a laptop, and even an iPad. I just don't get why he included the iPod in there for being connected to the internet, since anything it could do for web browsing the phone could do, better most likely. Unless he wanted to download music or something maybe?

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
+1 for the camera. I'm hoping that one day, a phone will ship with such a great camera that I can ditch my 14mp all together. Obviously the Thunderbolt won't do this, but from all accounts it looks to be a pretty damn good camera.

Lol, I've NEVER used an actual camera as my source for pictures. :p

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Skype was already touched on here, but the fact that I'll be able to video chat to my wife while she's sitting at the computer is pretty awesome. I know gtalk will do the same thing, but skype is pretty refined at this point. Opposite end of the same coin: my dad is getting the phone also and won't know too many people who can vchat, so he'll bother me all the time.

I'll also use "not a blackberry" as a feature :)

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
The bootscreen. It's so awesome lmao. It would be cool if it had the woman counting down as a part of it lol

Still in Spanish. Great, now I can't get the phone because this feature isn't there. v.v

No, my make or break feature is really the phone as a whole. Coming from a Samsung Alias 2, there isn't much reason to get anything else since my upgrade just happened to fall in late January.

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the CDMA option. Although most of my streaming from PC to TV is done via the Xbox or Windows Media Center.... having CDMA on the phone will enable me to simply just dump all my videos on my phone and not having to get up off the couch, start the laptop up, turn on xbox, etc... to watch a movie.

panicprone77

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I find it interesting, definitely not the most underrated feature by any means, that it automatically goes to speaker phone when you flip the phone over.

panicprone77

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the CDMA option. Although most of my streaming from PC to TV is done via the Xbox or Windows Media Center.... having CDMA on the phone will enable me to simply just dump all my videos on my phone and not having to get up off the couch, start the laptop up, turn on xbox, etc... to watch a movie.

I think you mean DLNA