Most underrated feature

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
So, to pass the time, let's offer up what we think is the Thunderbolt's most underrated feature. Let's hear about some features (both hardware- and software-wise) that might not make headlines.

I'll start: The secondary microphone for noise cancellation. I've never owned a phone with this feature, but understand that it makes a huge difference.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
The camera. The 8mp is better than the Evo and Inc. It's a bigger lens which will allow the MP to look cleaner. sorta like how the iphones 5mp look better than the Inc 8mp. Bigger lens is better,

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
The camera. The 8mp is better than the Evo and Inc. It's a bigger lens which will allow the MP to look cleaner. sorta like how the iphones 5mp look better than the Inc 8mp. Bigger lens is better,

Yes, that's a good one. Another similar example is the Droid1 vs Fascinate camera. Both are 5mp, but the Fascinate takes much better photos, especially in low light. The unboxing video that surfaced a couple weeks ago specifically mentions that the Bolt's 8mp camera is much improved over the Evo's.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Although not exclusive to the TBolt, I think the most desired feature by me will be the mobile hotspot. I can't wait to have a device where I can tether my iPad, iPod Touch, and laptop into should I need to get online while I'm away from home.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
+1 for the camera. I'm hoping that one day, a phone will ship with such a great camera that I can ditch my 14mp all together. Obviously the Thunderbolt won't do this, but from all accounts it looks to be a pretty damn good camera.

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
One of the first 'features' that caught my eye is the metal case.

I specifically do not, ever, want another plastic 'phone' - that costs hundreds.

That cinched it for me.

I did not realize it had a metal case? Sweet.

I think I'm looking forward to the 720p video recording. Great for the kids since I always have my phone with me.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You Android folks are used to it, but coming from a BlackBerry I'm most excited about the web browser!

I'll finally be able to click links in my email and have the page actually open properly!

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
The fact that the camera doesn't "stick out" a mile from the back cover. So when you set it on the table or flat surface, it doesn't scratch the camera cover/lens/glass thing. It also avoids making a funny looking circle through my jeans when its in me front pocket.

I always put my phone in my pocket with the screen toward my leg, so if i bump something like the end of a desk with my front pocket it doesn't hit the screen.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Since everything else I really like has already been covered, I would say the 768 of RAM

768 over the standard 512 in the EVO and Incredible is a HUGE leap and should really help with responsiveness and wakelock lag

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
The latest Sense. It's a smoother UI and HTC bakes in superb enterprise email support, plus the HTC texting functionality is great.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
its got the bigger gbs! LOL JK

There is no underrated feature foe me..coming from an env 3 every feature is highly rated for me :p