List your favorite apps

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
This is obviously a filler thread while we wait for the phone, but it was going to be started eventually. Since there are a lot of android newcomers in the forum I thought it would be useful to have people list the apps they like to use. I only had my fascinate for a month, but I'll start off.

Seesmic: really great twitter app. Remembers your place in the timeline, allows you to edit retweets, shows thumbnails of pictures posted.

Wordfeud: essentially it's Words With Friends. If you're not familiar, it's scrabble online.

Go Launcher EX: launcher replacement I stumbled on right at the end of my use. The dock options are really similar to Launcher Pro, but the app drawer is the best part. It let's you create folders to clean the drawer up.

Swiftkey: keyboard with great word prediction. I say prediction rather than auto correct because if there are phrases you say a lot it will guess the next word in the sentence. So "that's what she said", after typed enough, could only take you 4 clicks.

Your turn!

Reactions: Shuckster

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Top five in no particular order...

1) Angry Birds. Got to fight boredom somehow, and it's only slightly addicting.

2) Astro. Also have to have a file manager, and this one has one of the cleanest UI's of the ones I've tried.

3) Keeper. I have a lot of passwords for websites and work stuff. Again, there are many password managers out there, I like the way this one looks.

4) Zedge. Literally thousands of ringtones and wallpapers. You can even download a ringtone and assign it to an individual contact right from the app. Very cool.

5) Timeriffic. I don't need my wifi on when I'm at work. I also don't need my phone to ring or my screen on full brightness. This adjusts my sound profiles and settings based on time of day so I don't have to worry about it.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
K-9 Email

Jorte Calendar

Launcher Pro home replacement

Beautiful Widgets

Handcent SMS/MMS - best sms/mms program I've used

+ Special thanks to (thought I'd stop at 5 did ya? ;) :

Estrongs File Explorer (for non rooted phones....like over astro)

Root Explorer - for rooted phones

Dialer One dialer replacement (vanilla android phone dialer sucks the big one)

Android Agenda widget

Mobisle Notes - simple, powerful, great layout note taking app

Astrid Task Manager

Tip Calculator

Quick Settings

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a thing called Password Keeper for my Storm2. Is there an app like that for the Android phones that anyone knows of? I have many personal passwords I need to keep and a ton of work ones too. And I need the password keeper to keep track of all of them.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have a thing called Password Keeper for my Storm2. Is there an app like that for the Android phones that anyone knows of? I have many personal passwords I need to keep and a ton of work ones too. And I need the password keeper to keep track of all of them.

Callpod's app "Keeper" is excellent on android. There is also keepass and a few others.

Also if you use Lastpass (and are a premium user) you can use their android app as well.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Beautiful widgets
Doc to Go
Dolphin HD browser
palmary weather & weather bug elite (I'm a weather freak)
tapatalk

Rooted apps
root explorer
rom manager
set cpu

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Callpod's app "Keeper" is excellent on android. There is also keepass and a few others.

Also if you use Lastpass (and are a premium user) you can use their android app as well.

Cool, Thank you for the info! I will definitely be looking into that when I get this phone, on apparently the 24th!

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Wordfeud is my new FAVE!!! lol
Bump... (exchange contacts/apps by bumping phones)
DirecTV (Set DVR away from home, order ppv since i don't have a phone line to my house)
Key Ring Rewards Card (keeps rewards cards on phone so you don't have to keep them on your keyring or in your wallet)
Google voice
Movies (Look up movie times, add to my netflix queue)
Setting Profiles (Changes my ringtones/bluetooth/wifi/etc all by location/time/etc)
FML Widget

panicprone77

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Wordfeud is my new FAVE!!! lol
Bump... (exchange contacts/apps by bumping phones)
DirecTV (Set DVR away from home, order ppv since i don't have a phone line to my house)
Key Ring Rewards Card (keeps rewards cards on phone so you don't have to keep them on your keyring or in your wallet)
Google voice
Movies (Look up movie times, add to my netflix queue)
Setting Profiles (Changes my ringtones/bluetooth/wifi/etc all by location/time/etc)
FML Widget

I have a problem with that, nothing can scan the bar code from my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital