The Official Release Date Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazer

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
From what I'm hearing. We don't have to wait. We can buy on launch date. Having him buy it for you is cool but know it could cost him his job. From what I saw. The employee price is 404.25.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Does BB have some sort of friends and family discount? I'm sure the price won't be as good if they do, but wouldn't have to worry about someone losing a job!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah definitely don't want that for sure.

I work at GameStop and as long as I have the money from my friends I get them my discount as it can't be proven that I'm not buying it for myself or as a gift.

So if I just gave him the money hmm lol :-! still wouldn't want him to get in trouble.

I also have another friend who works there and his brother is the manager of their Mobile

tucker_dahlin

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It will be the 24th Verizon is going to wait the 14 day return policy from the sale of the iPhone.

Regardless of what some people are saying, I do not believe the return policy has anything to do with the date of release. The TB was very clearly set for Feb 14th at some point recently. To add to that, the 24th would only exclude release-day iphone buyers. One might even argue that the 24th would be the last day of the 14 day return period.

Last edited:

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The 17th is a Thursday also. Idk the VZ rep seemed very sure about it. And this guy is always there so i know he knows his stuff. Im certain he isn't just pulling dates. I believe him. Im ready to be disappointed next week lol. But if it comes out on that date, be sure to log on here so you can see me post a big fat I TOLD YOU SO!! Lmfao

Makes sense. If the phone is in stock on the 14th as the evidence suggests, the phone will be sold on Thursday. Then again, why wouldn't Verizon want their flagship device to be sold buy BB to ensure that more people get the phone with a two year contract through BB instead of get a one year contract with them while the continue to make iPhlop sales... So Verizon always has phones launched on a Thursday. Well, my hopes are up because aside from all the speculation about the 28th, I'm a firm believer that there's a first time for everything.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Does BB have some sort of friends and family discount? I'm sure the price won't be as good if they do, but wouldn't have to worry about someone losing a job!

Were allowed to purchase items for friends, but it has to be a gift. Meaning technically your not supposed to give him the money for it.

hagalah

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
VZ will make a bad strategy if they delay to 2/24

If they are considering the iphone 14 days return period and delay the thunderbolt to 2/24, then they will just face more serious competitors in android market.

First of all, people who are eager to get the thunderbolt are most likely not getting the iphone. It is a non-sense thinking to worry about the iphone 14 days return period.

Second, T-Mobile will get their samsung Galaxy S 4G on Feb, Sprint will get their Kyocera dual screen android soon, and AT&T will get their Motorola Atrix 4G most likely on 3/6 (And atrix is more highly expected by people than TB, TB will lose its marketing advantage for sure!).

Which means, if VZ released their TB on 2/24, then they will lost their advance in Android 4G market due to the "not so special" specs of TB. I believed other 4G phone will get more attention than TB during the 2/24 period.

If VZ does release the TB on 2/24, then they will get higher return rate on TB. (I can buy the TB on 2/24, then return it on 3/6 to get a Atrix! )

hydroz_23

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Most people will not switch carriers because of a phone so none of this really matters. VZW will not be releasing any android devices before the TB so the 24th will be fine for most. VZW really has no competition

jd10984

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I think it's going to sell pretty well either way, but I do get where your coming from. I think the 17th would be a smart choice for them to go with for the launch (but I am almost 100% sure it will be the 24th)

mgymnop

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Most people will not switch carriers because of a phone so none of this really matters. VZW will not be releasing any android devices before the TB so the 24th will be fine for most. VZW really has no competition

I do. I have to decide between the Atrix and the TB. No carrier is loyal to me and I am not loyal to any carrier either. I will dump T-mobile and try another one. If Verizon will suck or AT&T they get dumped too. I rather pay the ETF than being annoyed two years by their service...If T-mobile had a decent coverage in the area I live and work in I would never change.
The entire confusion between Verizon and BestBuy and the not known release date is not a plus for Verizon. The Atrix pre-sale starts on Sunday and the phone's release date comes closer. You forgot all the good reviews about the Atrix. We don't know too much about the TB....

hagalah

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
If the "most people" you means are those who always pursuit for new tech, then it's not a big deal for them to switch the carrier. Especially for new customers to VZ, there will be no sweat to switch and port number over to a different carrier and get a much better deal / phone.

If the "most people" you means are those who are new to android market, then they may even never know what is "TB". And when they try to make a purchase on 2/24, then they will have more choices on the market.

When Galaxy S 4G or Motorola Atrix come out, let see how VZ to sell its TB.

Today, if you can't be the first, then you must have better spec than others. For TB, it doesn't have better spec than others. period.

Reactions: mgymnop

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
2 Release dates? could this be the way it unfolds.. (the 17th and the 24th)??

read it slowly, you will understand it.....

vzw iphone pre-orders were on 3rd and were stopped that same day. those ppl have until the 16th to return their iphones. (count it on hands - its 14 days!)

then, iphone became available on 10th (yesterday) for every1 which makes them allowed to return it until the 23rd of Feb. (count it on hands - its 14 days!)

SO...

could Tbolt come out for existing vzw customers on the 17th?
and for every1 else on the 24th?

maybe vzw is giving this 'incentive' of pre-orders only for vzw customers to help drive even more traffic their way!

virtual slap me please! i've been too obsessed with tbolt and this forum section haha!

Reactions: Shuckster

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Im going from ATT to VRZ. They could offer me the iphonebolt and I still would move b/c of the crap service!! I feel that the majority would do the same. Can't wait!

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I think Verizon is being smart in this, although it seems that I'm in the minority. I said much earlier that Verizon would be stupid to release the TBolt so close to the iPhone so they could capitalize on both devices individually -- thus making more money.

Outside of those issues, I think the biggest thing Verizon could do to shoot themselves in the foot with the TBolt release is to overprice it. We've seen the Atrix screenshot from Amazon that has it at $149 (whether anyone actually believes that or not), the Galaxy S 4G will be $149, the Inspire 4G at $99, etc. If Verizon releases the TBolt at $249, as rumored, I think they'll lose quite a bit of customers, myself included. So, I think price will have a much bigger impact on sales than "moving" the release to the 24th (which I think helps them).

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
i'm only mentioning this since we have Phil who got word it's the 24th and then we still have ppl mentioning that bestbuy is tweeting or telling ppl the 17th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC