Will we have to bump charge like the dinc?

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
My biggest and probably only problem with the dinc is bump charging will this be a problem with the tbolt?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Can you define bump charge? (at least for me).

Do you mean will we have to recharge in middle of day, as in overnight and then again in mid day?

I plan to have a spare with me anyways. I usually sit by a pc and can charge no prob, though I can be out of office for long periods of time too. This is how I roll with my storm1. Can always enjoy more with more juice. Carrying the space is no issue.

Last edited:

AisforAustin

Aug 18, 2010
www.twitter.com
We'll have to wait and see how "efficient" the screen and processor are when it comes to battery consumption. I always hated bump charging my Incredible.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
On the incredible, when you plug it in to charge and the battery hits 100%, the phone reverts to the battery even though it is plugged in. If the phone remains plugged in for a while at "full" charge and you unplug it, you will see a rapid drop in battery to anywhere between 85% - 95%. You then have to bump charge back to 100% to get a truly full battery.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I see. Thanks for the info. Hopefully issues as that will be ironed out. Does any1 know if this is specific to dinc or all htc phones.. How's it on evo?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I see. Thanks for the info. Hopefully issues as that will be ironed out. Does any1 know if this is specific to dinc or all htc phones.. How's it on evo?

It's pretty much specific to HTC, and I think it might even be specific to the Dinc. From my understanding, it's something that can be addressed in a Software update.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
The whole issue behind bump charging is not as big of a problem as it is made out to be. The reason the battery drops so quickly without bump charging is the battery charge trickle effect and it is intentional. If you charged your battery to capacity over night and it didn't trickle down then it would be constantly charging even when full. This would cause a shorter life of the battery in the long term. By constantly bump charging your battery you are decreasing the lifetime of your battery as well.

From what I have read, every so often (1 or 2 times a month) you should ruin your battery down to 5-10%, then fully charge it and bump charge it. This seems to recalibrate your battery readings.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The whole issue behind bump charging is not as big of a problem as it is made out to be. The reason the battery drops so quickly without bump charging is the battery charge trickle effect and it is intentional. If you charged your battery to capacity over night and it didn't trickle down then it would be constantly charging even when full. This would cause a shorter life of the battery in the long term. By constantly bump charging your battery you are decreasing the lifetime of your battery as well.

From what I have read, every so often (1 or 2 times a month) you should ruin your battery down to 5-10%, then fully charge it and bump charge it. This seems to recalibrate your battery readings.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Doesn't that only apply to lithium-ion Polymer batteries, though? I've always been told that lithium-ion batteries don't have a "memory", which renders the whole draining and recharging thing useless. :confused: