ThunderBolt & Bionic to get VoLTE

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
VoIP over LTE... I assume latency is manageable and there is a QoS in place to give voice priority, otherwise call quality will suffer greatly.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Low latency is a strong point of LTE and I can't imagine them even trying to implement VoLTE without QoS. There also is a lower quality codec available for fallback when data rates drop.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
VoIP over LTE... I assume latency is manageable and there is a QoS in place to give voice priority, otherwise call quality will suffer greatly.

If I remember correctly this isn't VoIP but something like it being that LTE dose not have a voice channel like CDMA... I could be way off here but I though I heard that some where.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Someone explain this to me please: Why is this so desirable when blackmanx says the TB's battery dies in 4 hours when the 4G radio is turned on. Wouldn't VoLTE nuke the battery life of your phone??

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Someone explain this to me please: Why is this so desirable when blackmanx says the TB's battery dies in 4 hours when the 4G radio is turned on. Wouldn't VoLTE nuke the battery life of your phone??

Perhaps, although there would also be some power savings because the 3G radio could be turned off when in an LTE area. Honestly, I don't think VoLTE is that big of a deal for phones launched this year. Verizon wants to get VoLTE rolled out as a part of their plan to migrate all traffic on to LTE. They won't be able to fully do that until the LTE rollout is 100% complete and that won't happen during the next two years.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2