02-14-2011 10:16 AM
    This has been the speculation since the 24th was pined as the date. Nothing new here.
    02-14-2011 10:20 AM
    This has been the speculation since the 24th was pined as the date. Nothing new here.
    The purpose of the article was not about the 24th. But the reason why the TB was delayed. There were widespread speculation about hotspots, LTE radio etc etc. But to see an article about the iPhone was maybe causing the delay!!
    02-14-2011 10:27 AM
    The purpose of the article was not about the 24th. But the reason why the TB was delayed. There were widespread speculation about hotspots, LTE radio etc etc. But to see an article about the iPhone was maybe causing the delay!!
    Thats what I was referencing... Since the 24th rumor people have been pointing out thats 14 days past the IPhone release and thats why they delayed it... So again this isn't anything new just a blog pointing out what we have been saying for a week or so now.
    02-14-2011 10:45 AM
    02-14-2011 10:48 AM
    Yeah its the 24th, there's like what 2 phones coming out around the 14th and adding a brand new generation phone would hurt the others. Though I'm puzzled why that psp phone is grouped so close to the T-Bolt. I thought sony said march release.
    02-14-2011 11:06 AM
    This has been the general consensus amongst the community, and I have absolutely zero reason to think it's not entirely plausible. I also wouldn't be entirely surprised if Apple had some influence on it's delayed lunch as well, but again that's all based on hearsay and speculation.
    02-14-2011 11:28 AM
    This has been the general consensus amongst the community, and I have absolutely zero reason to think it's not entirely plausible. I also wouldn't be entirely surprised if Apple had some influence on it's delayed lunch as well, but again that's all based on hearsay and speculation.
    Yeah, but I am going to tout it around as fact... The longer and harder I believe something the more true it becomes and I need more reasons to hate the pretentious Apple dictator/god.
    02-14-2011 11:34 AM
    Wouldn't it have been easier for Verizon to say from the beginning the 24th? That way we would have never considered it to be "late".
    02-14-2011 12:13 PM
    Wouldn't it have been easier for Verizon to say from the beginning the 24th? That way we would have never considered it to be "late".
    Verizon never announced a date.
    02-14-2011 12:16 PM
    Verizon never announced a date.
    Point is if they wanted to delay for iphone returns, and they know that people were waiting for this phone (which they do), then it makes more sense to just announce a later date originally so that nobody is angry/confused about it.

It may not be an "official" delay as far as the public is concerned, but I think we can all agree that it was a delay internally, at the last moment. This is one of the several reasons that I say the delay has nothing to do with the iphone return period. Although it could have something to do with the iphone launch. VZW plans their release dates far enough out to consider return periods... especially for these 2 phones. They would have never planned for the 14th.
    02-14-2011 01:06 PM
    They haven't even said the 24th either.

If we didn't know about this phone you'd almost swear it was vaporware.
    02-14-2011 01:09 PM
    They haven't even said the 24th either.

If we didn't know about this phone you'd almost swear it was vaporware.
    Thats whats killing me... Wish VZW would say look its going to be the 24th, March, etc... Fine I can deal with that no big, I have waited this long I can wait longer but why so tight lipped about it... The only official word from VZW was CES and other than that it been speculation and rumors.
    02-14-2011 01:14 PM
    Thats whats killing me... Wish VZW would say look its going to be the 24th, March, etc... Fine I can deal with that no big, I have waited this long I can wait longer but why so tight lipped about it... The only official word from VZW was CES and other than that it been speculation and rumors.
    And Verizon said at CES that it could be as early as March. So, if it comes out in February, it's still early.
    02-14-2011 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD