The Official "One More Week!" Thunderbolt Waiting Room

As this last week until the Thunderbolt gets released, how do you feel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AisforAustin

Aug 18, 2010
www.twitter.com
As this last week comes to an end you can post any last thoughts, express excitement, or any doubts about the Thunderbolt being released on the 24th. I, for one, am very excited. So, let's hear it! "One more week!!"

Last edited:

Dreday24

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
i am still not sure if i can afford one, i want an xbox 360 and a thunderbolt really bad, I want one but cant afford both =(

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon seems to be the MASTER of striking while the iron is hot. I mean... damn... 50% of us still give a damn about this phone. To think that had they made an announcement a few days ago, it would have been close to 100%. I could NEVER work on 5th Ave or in Basking Ridge. I just don't have this kind of marketing genius.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Verizon seems to be the MASTER of striking while the iron is hot. I mean... damn... 50% of us still give a damn about this phone. To think that had they made an announcement a few days ago, it would have been close to 100%. I could NEVER work on 5th Ave or in Basking Ridge. I just don't have this kind of marketing genius.

I lold at this.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: leehblanc

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Haha!
Lol

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
All I have to say is:

Does the thunderbolt truly exist? Or was it a test by vzw this whole time?

(you know how much I'm in these forums and know about this phone.. I simply couldmt resist. Thanks vzw!)

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
im excited, tho im holding back so i dont get let down. i just hope they announce something an not just release the phone without telling anyone (doubtful). cause i dont wanna re live the last week over with guessing.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
im excited, tho im holding back so i dont get let down. i just hope they announce something an not just release the phone without telling anyone (doubtful). cause i dont wanna re live the last week over with guessing.

Well Best Buy is supposedly planning on calling people who preordered as soon as the phone comes out. I'll let you know when I get a call from them :cool:

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Well Best Buy is supposedly planning on calling people who preordered as soon as the phone comes out. I'll let you know when I get a call from them :cool:

please do, i dont care who i get my phone from. i just want it. i didnt pre order but if things look better before release i will

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I didn't vote, but I'm between "Excited" and "whatever". It's mainly up to the pricing at this point for me. Either way, I'm not going to be getting it on release day (assuming it's the 24th). But, if the price is right, I'll probably jump soon afterwards.

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I got a question,If i add another line to my service can i pay the early ETF on my current line? I want this thunderbolt but i don't wanna have two smartphones on my bill.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I got a question,If i add another line to my service can i pay the early ETF on my current line? I want this thunderbolt but i don't wanna have two smartphones on my bill.

I know you can if you have a family share plan. But, I would investigate adding a new line, and keeping the other, but without the data plan. If Verizon/Best Buy/whomever allows you to do that (and they should), it'll be cheaper to pay the $10/mo extra line fee for the remainder of the contract than pay the ETF fee. And you can always throw a dumbphone on that line if you need to.

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I know you can if you have a family share plan. But, I would investigate adding a new line, and keeping the other, but without the data plan. If Verizon/Best Buy/whomever allows you to do that (and they should), it'll be cheaper to pay the $10/mo extra line fee for the remainder of the contract than pay the ETF fee. And you can always throw a dumbphone on that line if you need to.

So i can add the thunderbolt,then take one of my old verizon "Dumb phones" and change it with droid x,i already have?

AisforAustin

Aug 18, 2010
www.twitter.com

I'm just gonna pay retail and have Best Buy price match verizon. I already signed up for a BB credit card so I plan to pay with that up front along with my preorder. I already sold my Dinc for $500 to some lady on craigslist LMAO. Still going to sell my BlackBerry Bold for $150 soon too

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Well looks like the 28th is real.
Vz rep came in today to promote the TB and said it will be released on the 28th. I asked her why the delay and she said it isn't a delay because they never announced a release date and that Verizon wanted to run a few more test on it. It's still showing our in stock date as the 21st but my coworkers said they will be updated shortly. So yea. Theres my tidbit for the day. Definitely not good news.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Vz rep came in today to promote the TB and said it will be released on the 28th. I asked her why the delay and she said it isn't a delay because they never announced a release date and that Verizon wanted to run a few more test on it. It's still showing our in stock date as the 21st but my coworkers said they will be updated shortly. So yea. Theres my tidbit for the day. Definitely not good news.

If true, it's only 4 more days... we can make it :p

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

well i appreciate the news. you work at bby correct?
i guess it is just 4 more days. but still upsetting. more test. how long does it take to test phones out lol this phone has been real since last nov lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781