So alot of people do go without a case?

Android 19

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me for treading on all too familiar ground-as i have seen the thread with the poll about thunderbolt fans going with a case for it or naked. Guess i just assumed the clear majority would want to cover the thing up. Yet i do get keeping it out in the open to show off! Perhaps, at least for me, i choose to likely cover up since i aint a big fan of insurance because i am pretty good with my phones. At the same time that should serve as a reason to not need a cover! lol

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
i'm def gonna cover mine i may free it from its case from time to time but i plan on selling it on ebay or craigslist in 10 months so i don't want any scratches or anything on it

Android 19

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I got me a seidio innocase when i first had my og droid also. It was a nice case, but i never really dropped my phone. I'm an emotional guy sure, but i never would go crazy enough to throw it at someone or a wall!

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Get a screen protector. Best of both worlds.

That way you keep your screen free of defects, scratches, and dings, but you don't cover up any part of your phone for, as you say, "showing it off"

If you do end up denting or scratching the back someday down the line, a replacement battery cover is only like 10 bucks on ebay or amazon

Android 19

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I never liked the otterbox cases-seemed to make phones way too damn big. I like the thinner ones of seidio or casemate if i did choose to get one. Never could get into screen protectors tho-they do have value but i am careful w phones and cant stand to see any peeling plastic or air bubbles.

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I will go with the slimmest case I can find. I don't want to add bulk to the phone. I will also slap a screen protector on it before I even turn it on.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Get a screen protector. Best of both worlds.

That way you keep your screen free of defects, scratches, and dings, but you don't cover up any part of your phone for, as you say, "showing it off"

If you do end up denting or scratching the back someday down the line, a replacement battery cover is only like 10 bucks on ebay or amazon

Cases insulate from small drops though,

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Cases insulate from small drops though,

Very true. It's a trade-off.

The more well protected your phone is, the less "true" experience you get from the device, its screen, etc... (let's face it, nothing feels as good as a naked screen, and the added bulk to the phone is often a negative side effect from a case)

For me, a screen protector is the perfect middle ground. But others will disagree. And I respect their opinion ;)

Android 19

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
does anyone know for sure how much or if the camera sticks out from the back of the phone like the incredible? It seems more flush from videos and pics-could make a difference in my deciding to case it.

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
i def don't plan on throwing my thunderbolt at a wall or person but i do tend to put my phones in my lap when i'm driving and forget its there when i get out of the car

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I never liked the otterbox cases-seemed to make phones way too damn big. I like the thinner ones of seidio or casemate if i did choose to get one. Never could get into screen protectors tho-they do have value but i am careful w phones and cant stand to see any peeling plastic or air bubbles.

otterbox commuter series cases are pretty slim the defender series on other hand are huge

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been thinking about case. And I'm currently leaning toward getting a leather case, like a Bergamo
and protect the screen instead. Good compromise, I think, over covering the phone with a plastic case.

Android 19

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
good points blizz. I have come very close, numerous times, to the phone falling out of my lap when leaving the car issue. Too true!

Ricom1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a case dating back to my Treo...I have always had a screen protector and if this TB had gorilla glass, I would have thought about skipping that.

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
do they sell seidio cases at VZW or any brick and motar stores? i like the look from their website, but would like to actually see how the phones looks and feels with it first

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781