[Official] Blackberry Convert Thread

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to Android and the TB will be my first Android smartphone. I've been a BB user for almost 5 years now, and I'm sure this will be quite an adjustment. I currently have a BB Bold and was wondering if there are any former BB users out there are any tips they can share. I've seen some threads and articles but I'm not sure if it is all still relevant. Is there a BBM type app available for the TB?

Last edited by a moderator:

itsdollar

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Coming from Blackberry also. I have been using the time to read up on ROMS, Themes, Kernels and everything else I can think of. I use a lot of hybrids and beta apps on my Blackberrys so I'm itching to get this phone and start customizng it. Here and XDA has really helped me understand the basics.

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
That article is awesome. Thanks for pointing it out.

Marcus I have a feeling we'll have a bit of an adjustment but the Storm was such a fail for me I can't imagine not liking the TB. I'm sure there will a lot of people switching.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I changed the title. We always seem to have a lot of these pop up.

Let's here from all the Blackberry users (former as soon as the phone is released) about how much you guys LOVE Android.

And anybody that's already switched any tips you have for the people that are just now switching.

itsdollar

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
That is a good article. Read it 3 times since last week. I have found all my comparable apps (and more) except BerryBuzz. I will still be fine though with everything else Android has to offer. I can't wait to get this phone.

NY Reco

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a Blackberry Curve 8330. My Verizon contract expired clear over a year ago and I was waiting for an iPhone to come out for Verizon. When I finally saw the specs on the Verizon iPhone (not 4G phone, etc) I got fed up and started exploring Android phones. I really liked what I saw and had it been any earlier I probably would have gotten a Droid Incredible. When I saw the Thunderbolt, I knew that was the phone I wanted.

So here I wait. :D

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Currently a BB Tour owner and anxiously waiting for the TB release. Been on a few BB's over the past few years.
Was worried about the transition from physical keyboard but have heard from multiple users that it's not a major hurdle.

cebacon

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm a day 1 Storm owner. I actually really liked it and kept with even though my contract expired back in November, and I was upgrade eligible in July. But the screen completely crapped out on me a week ago. I can't wait for the Storm 3, but even if it came out tomorrow I'm not thrilled about the leaked specs. I'm making out with my Bold from work, but I can't wait for the TB. I still think there a lot of good features about BlackBerry, so hopefully Android doesn't disappoint. These forums will be a huge help in the coming weeks!

Secretagnt

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
leaving Blackberry myself ... cant wait for the Tbolt and to experience android for the first time ... been reading and my head is full of information right now on ROMS, etc......

UvaWiseGuy#CB

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you @cebacon. I kept the Storm after upgrade eligibility in July and end of contract in November. I was turned off by the Storm 3 specs as they seem behind the times. I thought about iPhone4 when it came out on Verizon for about 1/2 minute, but decided better to wait for the 4G LTE since it was so close to coming out and I live in a 4G area. I liked international GSM on the Storm, but I don't travel internationally enough to give up 4G for Global.

Thanks for the earlier article on page 1 of the thread. I plan to re-read once my Thunderbolt finally arrives.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey