Verizon getting ripped apart on FaceBook

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I really truly feel Verizon is getting a kick out of dangling the meat at the end of the rope just out of reach. Not so sure that's the smartest move in the world, but then again, they know the people who know enough about the Thunderbolt to want it that badly are in the minority.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I really truly feel Verizon is getting a kick out of dangling the meat at the end of the rope just out of reach. Not so sure that's the smartest move in the world, but then again, they know the people who know enough about the Thunderbolt to want it that badly are in the minority.

I think old big red is sitting back in their chair and enjoying the ride. As soon as I hear from someone that the actual phones are in the stores (whether they are actually for sale or not), I won't get over excited. They can't sell them if they don't have them in the store.

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I really think everyone is placing way too much blame on Verizon. We've heard all sorts of rumors of why it has been delayed. Some of those rumors say it's Verizon's fault and some point to HTC. As an owner of a Storm (yesterday I dropped it and cracked the screen, so I hope the TB comes out as soon as possible), I'm sure Verizon has learned from past mistakes and don't want to put out their flagship LTE phone unless everything is perfect. I find no fault with that. Would it be better if they gave us a conservative release date and release it earlier than the release date if it's ready? Maybe, but what if HTC has a major problem with the phone and even the conservative release date might not be met? Then they will have a real problem, because they set a release date and didn't meet it. I'm not saying that this is HTC's fault, or Verizon's. Until Verizon makes a public announcement stating the release date, I can't be mad at Verizon for not not meeting speculative release dates (I can be frustrated with them, but I shouldn't be mad at them, although I am a little). The one thing that seems to be consistent is that owners of the BB Storm, like myself, don't seem to be too angry that Verizon is taking longer than people (on these forums) think it should to release this phone. I think it's because us Storm owners know what a premature release can mean for the customers that buy it. If I buy a TB and it has more bugs than the Amazon, like the Storm, then I will quickly leave Verizon for another carrier, although I think Verizon's coverage defecates all over every other carrier. So, I'll try to remain patient, with the belief that Verizon is doing their best to release a guaranteed, fully functional phone as soon as possible. Although this may not be 100% true, that is what I am telling myself to help myself remain patient, and I think almost every other storm owner feels the same way.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I might have been a bit too vocal on VZW FB and Twitter over the past month about the Tbolt... VZW News wants to follow me on twitter...weird lol

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

this whole thing has turned into a circus and Verizon execs have the best seats in the house.

techdan00

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Word is so Colorado won't see lte for another year. So the bolt is null in void. I'll stick with my DInc

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
this whole thing has turned into a circus and Verizon execs have the best seats in the house.

I feel like my seat has been pretty good. I am pretty patient with it, and I'm getting a kick out of how people are reacting. Hearing people say they're going to leave Verizon for another carrier because of this "circus" is my favorite. I keep laughing at how pissed off and furious some people are that Verizon has not made the release date. A release date they never gave. When I see how upset everyone is, I only think about how bad it would have been if Verizon actually gave us a release date and didn't meet it. Could you imagine how bad that would be, after seeing what's going on now? So yeah, they probably are laughing at this circus, while thinking about how big of a mess they would've had if they actually set a release date (like Feb 14 or 24 for example), and didn't make it.

Reactions: Guntherm

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Of the pool of all future Thunderbolt owners, I wonder how many are following the saga of release-date speculation and Best Buy flyers and leaving fiery posts on phone nerd message boards or sending out ugly tweets? I'm willing to bet it's far less than 1%. PR is important, but I imagine seasoned people at Verizon know that this level of cranky buzz and drama is ultimately inconsequential to the bottom line. This isn't what people remember. I just read here today that the Dinc had a rocky launch, but you never hear people still *****ing about it. People love that phone. Everybody feeling wronged and screwed and making dramatic threats to abandon Verizon need to pause, breathe, and cultivate some perspective.

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Actually, two weeks ago I was the only one who knew about the Bolt or really knew what LTE can do....now everyone at work knows about it because of the commercials...don't the commercials seem to always come out a week or two before the phone drops? If that is the case..

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been reading these facebook comments?

Verizon can't delete them fast enough... thats how many there are

Yep, after all the time I have spent on Crackberry.com and lived through all the come and gone announcement dates, this sure takes the cake. As always, nothing is official until Verizon Wireless announces it. I am a an employee at one of Verizon's regional headquarters and no date has been announced at all.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yep, after all the time I have spent on Crackberry.com and lived through all the come and gone announcement dates, this sure takes the cake. As always, nothing is official until Verizon Wireless announces it. I am a an employee at one of Verizon's regional headquarters and no date has been announced at all.

How embarrassing for you.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No embarrassment at all. I think the people that are getting worked up over this or any phone to the point that they are is what's embarrassing.

Well, good job on making your livelihood look like "no big deal". Who says passion for one's products and services is dead in America?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo