Costco: not carrying the 'Bolt, launching w/Samsung 4G in March

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
More useless speculation, I know, but it almost makes more sense to wait for the Samsung to launch w/2 phones at once rather than 1. More sense than the iphone nonsense running around. What's curious is why Costco wouldn't carry it. Manager wouldn't tell me.

ASLgeek

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Yea that's because the Bolt is a BBY Retail Exclusive. No other 3rd party retailer will have it

EDIT: Ignore this someone else was posting at the same time I was

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I know. But he said period. Not at any point. Is Best Buy's exclusive for the life of the phone? 'cause the 90 day return window as Costco vs the 30 at BB is enough to tip the balance towards another phone. Damn it.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

odiej34

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Costco.com: Return Policy

Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones.

Best Buy Store Exchange & Return Policy - Best Buy

30 days for all other products
you don't have to believe me... go to Costco and they will confirm what I posted. Same with BB. They are following Verizons orders. (At least here in. Tucson they are.) Just bought a X at bb and that is what they told me. I returned a og droid before the X came out and it is now 30 Days.

odiej34

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
My bad. 30 days for return and cash back.after 30 days you're stuck with it. Might be able to switch phones up to 90 days, can't remember. Ill check tomorrow, need Monsters. :)

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
you don't have to believe me... go to Costco and they will confirm what I posted. Same with BB. They are following Verizons orders. (At least here in. Tucson they are.) Just bought a X at bb and that is what they told me. I returned a og droid before the X came out and it is now 30 Days.

I think you're confusing returning and canceling the service. You only have 14 days for your buyer's remorse/network testing period without incurring an ETF. You have 30 days to return the equipment to Best Buy, because it falls under their regular return policy.

odiej34

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I think you're confusing returning and canceling the service. You only have 14 days for your buyer's remorse/network testing period without incurring an ETF. You have 30 days to return the equipment to Best Buy, because it falls under their regular return policy.
Yeah, 14 days to get my upgrade restored. After 14 days, no more upgrade. So I can return after 14 days but before 30 days are up and exchange only?
Thanks!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, 14 days to get my upgrade restored. After 14 days, no more upgrade. So I can return after 14 days but before 30 days are up and exchange only?
Thanks!

Exactly. You would be locked into a contract, obviously, but Best Buy would still swap out the handset for a different one if you wanted within the 30 days.

Droid hungry

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

A fellow tucsonan! Never thought I would run into one on here.