HTC Thunderbolt recalled by HTC due to camera issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilmunkeh

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with a local Best Buy here in New York City and the Mobile department informed me that the TB was recalled by HTC due to a software problem with the camera. He stated that the phone was shipped to their store and it never made it there due to the recall. No specific date was provided but he did say it could be anytime this week. Has anyone else called their local Best Buy store? I'm wondering what stories you are all hearing.

Electric Mayhem

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yet another rumor from yet another representative who heard a rumor that it was delayed and in all likely hood has absolutely no idea what he's really talking about.

evilmunkeh

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm figuring his information is 2nd hand and not based on anything factual. I would have believed his story if he mentioned something about Skype or Mobile Hotspot. We need someone to make a Webumentary.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Anything is possible at this point. The CEO of HTC said they were shipping "This week" a week ago. We have to be getting close.

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
If he read his employee email he would know thats bull**** because it clearly states what the issue was.....

zenit#AC

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
why do people believe what BB has to say about the release?

They are just an indirect premium retailer - i.e. they sell Verizon's phones but do not provide any customer service. It's totally delusional to think they would know anything about exact issues about why the phone would get delayed.

Reactions: asianrage

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with a local Best Buy here in New York City and the Mobile department informed me that the TB was recalled by HTC due to a software problem with the camera. He stated that the phone was shipped to their store and it never made it there due to the recall. No specific date was provided but he did say it could be anytime this week. Has anyone else called their local Best Buy store? I'm wondering what stories you are all hearing.

I don't believe that since it's the same camera on the Evo...Regardless of what obscure info someone might pull of the internets. They are both 8mp/1.3mp, auto focus, dual LED

Last edited:

durangojim#AC

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
why do people believe what BB has to say about the release?

They are just an indirect premium retailer - i.e. they sell Verizon's phones but do not provide any customer service. It's totally delusional to think they would know anything about exact issues about why the phone would get delayed.

Exactly! Haven't any of you ever bought something at BB? They know absolutely nothing about their products. I am convinced that the people on the board here know more than they do, so it blows my mind that they believe anything that Best Buy employees say (I know there are exceptions, but they are few and far between and probably post on this site). Ugh, I can't take it any more!!!!:mad:

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Exactly! Haven't any of you ever bought something at BB? They know absolutely nothing about their products. I am convinced that the people on the board here know more than they do, so it blows my mind that they believe anything that Best Buy employees say (I know there are exceptions, but they are few and far between and probably post on this site). Ugh, I can't take it any more!!!!:mad:

you are correct lol, in our store i would honestly trust 10/40+ employees opinions, some ppl dont know jack about anything but they can talk their way through a sale with a customer who also know jack but when someone with as much knowledge as most of the ppl on this forum they get lost and confuse themselves

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
you are correct lol, in our store i would honestly trust 10/40+ employees opinions, some ppl dont know jack about anything but they can talk their way through a sale with a customer who also know jack but when someone with as much knowledge as most of the ppl on this forum they get lost and confuse themselves

I love f#@%ing with them. My favorite is when you ask about a product and they start reading the information card so you ask them something you know the card doesn't have on it and they just look at you like a deer caught in headlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX