Some Good Info for you guys..and gals!!

Seminoles fan

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I was in the Verizon store where I live to have my wife's IPhone looked at(Wont keep a charge). Anyways while they were looking at her phone and putting it through its tests I was talking to a salesman and I was telling him that I was due for a upgrade and he tried pushing the IPhone on me real hard and I told him I was waiting on the thunderbolt. He went in back and got a dummy model to show me and I checked it out and pretty much made up my mind that the thunderbolt was what I wanted. So he told me that they had no idea or date when the phone was going to be released, nothing has been given to the store's by Verizon. He then showed me that the Thunderbolt IS in their system but it does say coming soon, but no date. He then went into another screen that showed all the new devices they had coming out within the next 14 days and their were 6, 5 phones and the tablet, again no Thunderbolt. He did say that they had been trained on the phone but the delay was not them, it is HTC and Verizon will not release their first 4g phone until its 100% functional and he said that to his knowledge it was not yet. So from what he said, if the phone was going to come out in the next 14 days it would have showed in that section of upcoming devices but it wasn't there. Anyone that works for Verizon is probably familiar with what I am talking about. So, anyways his guess was mid March since they had been trained already and received the dummy's but he said the 24 and 28 were for sure a no go. It sucks but it looks like the wait will continue for a few more weeks. I know alot of people on here have been saying all sorts of dates and giving stories, but he gave me no date or anything. He simply said that Verizon DOES NOT have these phones yet and it for sure will not be out this month. Take it for what it is but atleast now I have a little better idea. He said the minute it showed that he would let me know and it wouldn't be a spur of the moment type thing. People will get a notice and time to get ready to buy the phone, it just won't show up in stores out of the blue basically. So, if I hear anything I will keep everyone informed. I hope I didn't ruin anyone's night or week but that's the info I was given and shown tonight. Sorry guys.

Reactions: kil187

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
while most likely we wont see it 24th i wouldn't take his definitely not in next 14 days to seriously because the Droid 2 was not in there systems 14 days prior, wasn't known till like a day or 2 before it was available while this is uncommon it has happened

Electric Mayhem

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Is what it is. My NE2 isn't up until the 10th so I'll wait til then and if still nothing I'll probably continue waiting as there really is no other device available or up coming that I'm at all interested in.

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
HTC CEO said it was shipping last week. Unless we hear otherwise we may as well listen to that. Of course CEOs have been known to give misleading information.

Aspdmouse

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Honestly,

In my opinion Verizon needs to come out with a statement and I mean yesterday. For the the fact many people are angry with the release date and it really is costing Verizon money. They need to understand they are losing business and will continue to lose business until someone from Verizon comes out and says something,anything about the thunderbolt's release. I admit this whole thunderbolt release is getting way out of hand but Verizon needs to understand its time to stop playing the silent card and come out with something fast BECAUSE meanwhile AT&T are sitting back right now laughing there *ss's off sipping the the sweet bitter taste of Verizon's failure to communicate.

Last edited:

Android 19

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
very true mouse. Yet who knows, verizon may be diggin all this attention-even if all this left in the dark crap pisses people off. Good or bad-the hype that this phone continues to attract can only excite them.

Seminoles fan

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I didn't mean by my title that it was good news, It was more of a good information title, sorry to mislead anyone. And another thing that we discussed and what is getting everyone on here so mad is the dates and that is what I told him. That is what irritating the hell out of me was the date being pushed back and he came back and turned his computer around and honestly said,"when have we ever released a date for this product"?. He said, Verizon has never once mentioned a date, people are getting information from best buy and other places and not the one place where the information would come from. At that point, what else can you say but I guess you got me there. He said, when the phone is ready, you will get a date, until then just wait or get something else. He stressed to me that Verizon has nothing to do with this delay, its a HTC problem and Verizon will not release their first 4G phone and the phone that will be the heart of their new network until its completely ready. I said ok and pretty much left it at that. What else can you say? Or honestly how can you be mad? Verizon never did give anyone a date, they said by the end of march and that was it. Best buy is the one giving dates so to me its Best buy that should be getting ripped. I know I will for sure go and get my deposit back and just wait for Verizon, at this point I am tired of Best buy telling me what I want to hear just to get my money. At least this guy was honest and pretty damn straight forward.

Seminoles fan

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I think Verizon is doing the right thing by not giving false information. Listen, we can all be mad that the phone is not coming out this week or next but from the very beginning Verizon said MARCH, not February so me they don't have to say anything. They still have a whole month to meet their deadline. If they lose customers in the process, so be it. Look at how many will come back when the phone is released and performs as good as we all hope it does.
Honestly,

In my opinion Verizon needs to come out with a statement and I mean yesterday. For the the fact many people are angry with the release date and it really is costing Verizon money. They need to understand they are losing business and will continue to lose business until someone from Verizon comes out and says something,anything about the thunderbolt's release. I admit this whole thunderbolt release is getting way out of hand but Verizon needs to understand its time to stop playing the silent card and come out with something fast BECAUSE meanwhile AT&T are sitting back right now laughing there *ss's off sipping the the sweet bitter taste of Verizon's failure to communicate.

Android 19

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
indeed, it's unfair and definitely wrong. They will learn that people are valuable and should be informed when all they are doing is putting their hard earned money down.

Sokar

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
HTC CEO said it was shipping last week. Unless we hear otherwise we may as well listen to that. Of course CEOs have been known to give misleading information.

There's not a C-level executive on the planet that isn't a born liar and thief.

Android 19

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
to their credit we never were officially delayed-we are all just so damn anxious for this thing. Yet it gets hard to ask for continued patience when tech sites and changing yet unofficial info runs rampant.

Seminoles fan

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
What were the other 5 phones?
To be completely honest with you, I didn't even pay that much attention. All I know was the Thunderbolt was not there but the new Tablet by Motorola was one of them and a phone by Samsung was another I believe. I really don't know what the rest where, nothing to get exited about, just basic phones. I don't even thing any of them were smart phones.

Seminoles fan

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, when you stand back and look at it from Verizon's view, they have never promised any of us anything yet. They never gave a date other than March and we haven't even hit March 1st yet so they have a whole month to get this phone out and I am sure they will. But being quit about the whole thing is what they should do. Maybe they honestly don't know an exact date yet.. who knows.
to their credit we never were officially delayed-we are all just so damn anxious for this thing. Yet it gets hard to ask for continued patience when tech sites and changing yet unofficial info runs rampant.