2-27-11 Best Buy Ad Hits

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it IS steep. I guess I'm gonna have to make some sacrifices here and there to get this phone. Well, guess it will be no more Starbucks and hello $1 McDonald's coffee for a while lol

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I posted this in the BB thread...but anyone else wondering if the latest "delay" could be that BB didn't want to have to honor the $249 price they originally advertised?

Reactions: evilmunkeh

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in the BB thread...but anyone else wondering if the latest "delay" could be that BB didn't want to have to honor the $249 price they originally advertised?

That's a theory but I don't buy into that. As much as I love to bash iphone, it seems Verizon probably found something acutely incompatible with the phone and their system/network. Thunderbolt is somewhat similar to Inspire though with many differences. But Inspire is already out yet while VZW is still struggling with TB. Flashbacks of last years Galaxy S " delay". At least back then there were no unofficially official confirmed dates and pushbacks.

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
$300 is steep with a two year commitment... I think I will wait on seeing VZW's pricing before I decide to cancel my pre-order or not.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Sorry 4G LTE or not I dont see how they justify the $300 price tag on this phone.

Just like they priced iPhone at $300 and Xoom at $600 on contract. Maybe it is due to the fact that it comes with 32GB sdcard preinstalled. I think they should have had a $16GB or even $8GB preinstalled and lowered the price. Not all users load their sdcard with media (I do, however, but I can always buy a higher-capacity micro sdcard, which I already have .. I have a 32GB one)

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Yea, I was able to convince my wife to get us each a $250.00 phone and she was looking forward to it!!!!!!! However, if I might have a big fight on my hands if we have to pay $100 more than orignally figured. Oh and what about the 4G service? is it going to cost more now too??? CRAP!!!!!

Last edited:

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's groundhog day! I was really looking forward to getting a TB, but this is too much. Too high a price, no indication that it will get Netflix. Who knows when skype will hit. I think I'll go by an iphone (never owned one but I'm a tech geek and need to get my fix) and keep it until the summer so I can see all the new goodies Verizon offers. Too bad, the TB had such potential.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
It's groundhog day! I was really looking forward to getting a TB, but this is too much. Too high a price, no indication that it will get Netflix. Who knows when skype will hit. I think I'll go by an iphone (never owned one but I'm a tech geek and need to get my fix) and keep it until the summer so I can see all the new goodies Verizon offers. Too bad, the TB had such potential.

I am starting to lean that way too. I was trying to avoid that but it starting to look more and more that way.

Voodoocaster

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, if true this may push me to just get a Droid X for $9 at Letstalk.com. I'm having TB fatigue and a price increase isn't helping.

That's funny. I was looking at the DX yesterday because I was getting burned out on the TB.
I'm using a 3GS that still under contract so... $300 for the TB + a ETF + it looks like issues with the TB = putting doubts in my head.

Not to mention I'm due for an upgrade with AT&T and can get a Inspire for $99 or a Atrix for $199. I have some serious thinking to do. I want a new phone and was excited to get a android and come back to VZW but I'm not that sure anymore.

Last edited:

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I am starting to lean that way too. I was trying to avoid that but it starting to look more and more that way.

I'm no iphone hater, so I figure I could sell the thing in May or June before ip5 comes out and get the majority of my money back. By then hopefully all the 4G kinks will be ironed out and I can read the reviews of all the new phones and make my decision.

empinball

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'll be taking the copy of the circular I picked up in store last week (if/when the TB is ever released) and demand that they honor the price. This is a bait and switch, since they ran the $249 price nationwide on an item that didn't even have, now with all the interest from people calling in and asking about the phone they are jacking up the price. Add the $70 dollars for the the buy-back program (that was free) and your looking at a %50 increase in a week.........unacceptable!!!

evilmunkeh

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

To add to your theory take a look at this snapshot I took of the Best Buy ad list
Best-Buy-Weekly-Ad-Circular.png

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I'm no iphone hater, so I figure I could sell the thing in May or June before ip5 comes out and get the majority of my money back. By then hopefully all the 4G kinks will be ironed out and I can read the reviews of all the new phones and make my decision.

Yea, I'm not either but the best way for me to sell my wife on the deal is to tell her about the 4G stuff so that we are getting a great newer (almost future proof) device. Instead of me getting an iPhone on 3G and not having the simultanious voice and data capabilites and then wanting a 4G device a month later. That won't fly at all...:'( poor me...

Plus I have all of my family on Verizon so a switch to AT&T isn't really a good idea and I'm not too sure about the service around here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis