What is your backup plan?

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
My backup plan at the moment is unknown. I don't like any of Verizon's other offerings enough to use an upgrade. I'm thinking of picking up a MT4G or an Inspire to try out.

I know you can forward calls on VZW... does anyone know if I can forward SMS? Automatically, that is?

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
if the tb lacks the ohs and ahs I need then I just wiat for the bionic not waisting two phone upgrades on whats avl. now 4g will be worth the wait. if my 2 storm 1's die I will buy a pay as you go phone from target to hold me over.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The DINC 2(for the 4" screen) or maybe even the Blackberry Montana( I love the Bold 9000 size). I really wanted to try a FFC device though. Is Samsung updating the rest of their Galaxy S lineup with the same features as T-Mobile's Galaxy 4G got?

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Bionic. But I really want Sense and really don't want locked bootloader. Every phone has some tradeoffs, but those two would be tough.

I seriously doubt this will be an issue though. We'll see the TB soon enough that waiting for the Bionic or Dinc2 or whatever will seem too far away for those of us in need of a phone now.

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
DINC2 is what is on my backup list. Especially with regards to the fact I wont have to worry about 4G LTE signals with it.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
My backup plan at the moment is unknown. I don't like any of Verizon's other offerings enough to use an upgrade. I'm thinking of picking up a MT4G or an Inspire to try out.

I know you can forward calls on VZW... does anyone know if I can forward SMS? Automatically, that is?

On the Fascinate, the only Android I've ever used for more than a couple minutes (idk if it differs between UIs and versions and whatnot), you just hold down on the message you want to forward, select "Forward Message" and put in names. If that's what you mean, then yes.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
The Thunderbolt was actually my Plan B and the Bionic was my Plan A. But, with the release timeframes, OS, etc., I decided to look for the TBolt on a 1-yr, and then maybe the Bionic. But, with the TBolt going later and later, and costing more and more, I may go back to Plan A.

lapeter

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yea!!! I just solved my short term problem and now can wait longer for the TB. My storm 2 was dying and on it's last legs. I just realized I have the insurance that will replace a "broken" phone with a refurbished Storm 2. I called tech support and first they had to do a factory reset and then if it was still inop, they would send me a "new" phone. We could not even do a factory reset on the phone. They are sending me the storm 2 by Tues. I am temporarily a happy camper. Come on TB and get released.

Android 19

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Seein as my upgrade date isn't until the 24th of march-worst case scenario i take solace in the upcoming merge or incredible 2 as possible backups. I like 4G but it is not a deal breaker.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
While I understand the need for a backup plan, why the Atrix, are you still on AT&T? If you are going to get the Atrix I would say get on down to Wal-Mart for the $250 bundle, Atrix and Dock. A sweet F@*K Y#) to AT&T.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
My backup plan will be to hang on to my DInc. It's a solid phone with great specs... and with some XDA love, it still competes with every phone out there.

jd10984

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I officially went with my plan B and got an Iphone. I wanted to get the free buy back (just incase) and Saturday was the last day for it so I decided to give it a shot. I figure I have 30 days to switch it for another phone so it's pretty much a no lose situation. 24 hrs into the iphone experiment I must say I am undecided. I am actually liking it more than I thought I would.. I had an OG Droid and will admit I miss android a bit but apple isnt that bad, I miss all of the freedom, feel a little held back with apple but it isnt that bad.. I am hoping the T-Bolt comes out with in the 30 days so I have the option to switch to it if I want. Honestly I most likely will due to the fact that I waited soooo long for it, however if there ends up being problems with it and the battery life is awful (like rumor has it) I'll probably stick with the iphone. With that said I still plan to keep up with all of the release info, happenings but for now the iphone experiment is a nice little distraction.