What is your backup plan?

Koato

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay well I am starting to feel like the Thunderbolt is either going to be a disappointment or pushed back another month/year/whatever...

Just in case the phone isnt here soon, or has 15mins of battery life, or is hoarded by kim jong il.. what other phone will you throw your money at?

O:)

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Okay well I am starting to feel like the Thunderbolt is either going to be a disappointment or pushed back another month/year/whatever...

Just in case the phone isnt here soon, or has 15mins of battery life, or is hoarded by kim jong il.. what other phone will you throw your money at?

O:)

Atrix or may Samsung 4G phone (don't know the name)

lapeter

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Plan B- What if TB is a looong time in releasing

I am starting to think that maybe I may need a plan B regarding the TB. My storm 2 is almost toast and I am not sure how much longer I can wait. There is a possibility that the TB release could be delayed for a loong time, battery problems etc. I have a second upgrade coming up the end of June. I want to stay with Verizon, I want an android OS, want a 4.3 screen. Any suggestions on a back up plan phone? Do I go to Ebay or just buy another phone new. I think I am being practical,not negative.
TIA

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought an iPhone this week. Asides from google maps and the deicated search and voice recognition, I don't really miss android. I'm really surprised as I've used android since the og droid was released. I'll probably revisit it this summer.

Last edited:

Koato

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought an iPhone this week. Asides from google maps and the deicated search and voice recognition, I don't really miss android. I'm really surprised as I've used android since the og stood was released. I'll probably revisit it this summer.

verizon iphone?

how do you like it?

MrMC7992

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
if it's really taking too long or not as good as we expected then i'm definitely going to just wait til the summer. june is only 3 months away...though my phone is dying, i've practically waited that long for this phone, i can do it again. i'm intrigued to see how all the android releases this summer will be. also, if apple is doing anything special, and even the hp pre3 looks pretty sweet.
the wait for the TB is driving me crazy i tell you! i'm not even the same person! lol

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
well if it ends up on VZW I'd deffinetly check out the Incredible S. I'd be missing the internal storage, but 4G isn't where I live at the moment, and I dunno when It'd get here. So I could deal.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
verizon iphone?

how do you like it?

Actully really like it. I was starting to buy into all the iPhone hate around here having never owned one but now after using it for a number of days I like it as well if not better than my dinc. The camera is fantastic, app store is excellent and the build quality and screen are second to none. I use FaceTime almost daily with my kids and can do skype video over wifi and 3G which no android phone can do as far as I know. I was really excited originally for the tb but all the delays and rumored problems have made me Leary of 4g devices. Like I said, I miss maps and some widgets but not enough to go back to android for a while. The showdown will be between iPhone 5 and the devices out for the summer.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I can wait for a while. I'm currently running a Palm Pixi, but will probably upgrade to a Pre if the Bolt doesn't arrive next week. Then I can just bide my time until other stuff comes out. LTE isn't hugely important, but it was definitely a plus. If worse comes to worse, I can pick up an X2, or maybe the Samsung LTE. (or, if the Bionic is out by then, then I'll get that)

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Back up plan? Hold Verizon CEO hostage until I get my Thunderbolt?

Well, seriously, I don't have a backup plan. The only other new devices I am remotely interested in are Bionic and Sammy 4G. But TBolt is what I really want.

I am not changing carriers so Atrix is out of the question. And I don't like iPhone.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Back up plan? Hold Verizon CEO hostage until I get my Thunderbolt?

Well, seriously, I don't have a backup plan. The only other new devices I am remotely interested in are Bionic and Sammy 4G. But TBolt is what I really want.

I am not changing carriers so Atrix is out of the question. And I don't like iPhone.

If I didn't already know that AT&T BLOWS in my area, I'd be getting an Atrix. I like T-mobile's network, but their coverage in the boonies is awful (and with my profession, the likelihood is that I'll be teaching in the boonies). Sprint. Well, they just don't have any devices I want.

So I'll either get the Bolt, or just wait for the Bionic. I like HTC though, so it'll probably be the Bolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463