Data Plan

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
We really don't know yet what the data plan will be or if there's a grandfather clause.

If you want to be safe, add it. it may or may not be necessary. It may or may not help you retain a $29.99/month rate.

Up to you.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
We really don't know yet what the data plan will be or if there's a grandfather clause.

If you want to be safe, add it. it may or may not be necessary. It may or may not help you retain a $29.99/month rate.

Up to you.

I agree with Chrisy. It won't be any cheaper than what's there today and there is the chance that new data plan customers could have a higher rate.

martin erwin

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It wouldn't do you any good if you're trying to get grandfathered. The data plan SFOs for smart and feature phones are different.

Further to that, we have not gotten any information that the data plans are going to be different for LTE phones. I'm not saying it won't happen, but we haven't received any information that says it will.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
no word yet but everyone is optimistic it will be no extra charge at launch so changing it now won't make a difference

however, knowing vzw, I think I'll still hedge my bets and assume there will be a charge

roxy surf

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
no word yet but everyone is optimistic it will be no extra charge at launch so changing it now won't make a difference

however, knowing vzw, I think I'll still hedge my bets and assume there will be a charge

Does this mean, come summer, we could be thrown into a tiered plan, or with that happen when our contract ends? I guess no one knows at this point..

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Dayumm...He makes it sound like he couldn't care less what anybody thinks, but in the same breath doesn't want to "dissuade" any mice from trying to get a nibble off the cheese before springing the trap...

"When asked about the unlimited $30 data plan currently being offered for smartphones, Mr. Shammo quipped, ?Everyone knows that isn?t long-term. We will move to tiered pricing in the mid-summer time frame.? "

But, he says all ya'll knew it wasn't long-term. Surely all of you got that memo...

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Does this mean, come summer, we could be thrown into a tiered plan, or with that happen when our contract ends? I guess no one knows at this point..

Verizon can't switch your plan forcefully, but when you renew a contract they WILL change it over. The only way to keep the old pricing is to buy a new phone off contract and hope they will let you activate it with the old data plan. Sometimes they won't let you do that anyway.

roxy surf

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I might as well get a 2 year plan with the tbolt then and when the time comes to where I want or need a new phone, I'll just buy it off contract and see what happens..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77