There's a storm brewing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodneyHamp

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, I am up on the 18th for a new phone, so I guess it doesn't matter. I was hoping to go to a store to play with it first, and then call verizon to get an early upgrade. Oh well!

Bennnnn

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Verizon had been planning on launching this device Feb. 14th and then March 10th, but as with all devices, there's always a secondary planned launch date (or a third planned launch date for the Thunderbolt), to account for any unexpected delays which may or may not come up. Being the third time this has device has been officially and internally postponed I believe we are looking at a definite March 17th launch.

Reactions: KingChicago

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Verizon had been planning on launching this device Feb. 14th and then March 10th, but as with all devices, there's always a secondary planned launch date (or a third planned launch date for the Thunderbolt), to account for any unexpected delays which may or may not come up. Being the third time this has device has been officially and internally postponed I believe we are looking at a definite March 17th launch.

Thanks for the info Bennnnn... wish it was better but it is what it is.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

UPEngineer

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Good news is in relation to the 4G LTE data plans. If you are currently signed up, or will sign up for 4G LTE data plans in the near future, you WILL be grandfathered in once tiered prices hit this summer and you will NOT have to pay more than the $30 per month for unlimited. So sign up early and lock that unlimited data in.

Bennnnn, regarding this statement. I came to Verizon when the Droid X came out and that is what I have. I am planning to buy the TB at full non-contract price. Am I understanding correctly that as long as I do this before the summer new tiered plans go in effect, I am golden?

Thanks for the info. Heck, what's one more week :)

Reactions: Bennnnn

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
a few questions bennn:

1. when will we see an announcement?

2. when you say "will sign up for 4g data plans in the near future" and "go and lock in the unlimited data" do you mean when we buy the device, start with the unlimited data plan?

jbh00jh

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Bennnnn, regarding this statement. I came to Verizon when the Droid X came out and that is what I have. I am planning to buy the TB at full non-contract price. Am I understanding correctly that as long as I do this before the summer new tiered plans go in effect, I am golden?

Thanks for the info. Heck, what's one more week :)

PROOF . He changes his story daily.

Reactions: unibolt

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
a few questions bennn:

1. when will we see an announcement?

2. when you say "will sign up for 4g data plans in the near future" and "go and lock in the unlimited data" do you mean when we buy the device, start with the unlimited data plan?

I am wondering the same. I have an Eris on the unlimited (3g) plan. I am in a non-4g area (and will not have in the not so near future either). How do i lock in the unlimited 4g pricing?

itsdollar

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
At least that's another week for me to read up on all Android tricks so I will be that much more prepared. Lots of good reads coming from another platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC