There's a storm brewing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Again, are those issues all resolved now? If not, the 17th is likely not the release date either.

If yes, it's a date to look forward to.

Are the issues resolved?

Personally I think they are all resolved. They probably want the extra time for testing just to make sure. Oh, and the Ipad 2 release. :D

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm freaking tired. I need to get some shuteye. G'nite, folks. As much as I try to restrain myself, I will eventually be back on this forum later tonight.

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Jobs announced the 11th. And that device is not Verizon-exclusive.

Even if it's not Verizon exclusive, I still think Apple has a hand in this release date. Trust me.

Dialogue

Apple: We would like the release of the Thunderbolt pushed back to the March 17th.

Verizon: No

Apple: Aw c'mon, what's another week

Verizon: Are you nuts? Have you seen what these crazies out on Android Central are saying about us? We can't delay any longer.

Apple: Oh, what's that I see on the ground? Is that a suitcase full of cash? Must be yours. ;)

Verizon: Oh....OK. March 17th it is.

Verizon: whispers......Make sure we get Bennnnn some backup.

That's how I see it. Kind of similar to the way the Microsoft conversations went when Verizon put Bing on android phones.

NCX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
To answer what BMX has been saying all along besides the March 17th launch date, but Verizon trying to get it out sooner than that and have failed, the problems are all resolved, the phones are ready, even Ben5 have said the phones have been ready.

I personally think this last minute LTE unlimited pricing talk is because they weren't 100% sure what pricing scheme they wanted to push for LTE. So my initial thought is, thats the real reason for the delay this time.

ThunderBolt requires the SIM LTE card to use both 3G/4G LTE, without it, your stuck with just Wifi. So if they don't have pricing set for LTE and they try to launch the phone, of course thye gotta delay it again until they figure out there pricing strategy.

I'm just happy that us ThunderBolteers will get the privelege of being grandfathered in to unlimited data 3G/4G (which Ben5 has also confirmed)

Now we just need an announcement next week to shutup the Interwebs from trying to produce more delay rumors and speculation.

green77

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Even if it's not Verizon exclusive, I still think Apple has a hand in this release date. Trust me.

Dialogue

Apple: We would like the release of the Thunderbolt pushed back to the March 17th.

Verizon: Are you nuts? Have you seen what these crazies out on Android Central are saying about us? We can't delay any longer.

Apple: Oh, what's that I see on the ground? Is that a suitcase full of cash? Must be yours. ;)

That's how I see it. Kind of similar to the way the Microsoft conversations went when Verizon put Bing on android phones.

ROTFLMAO

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
To answer what BMX has been saying all along besides the March 17th launch date, but Verizon trying to get it out sooner than that and have failed, the problems are all resolved, the phones are ready, even Ben5 have said the phones have been ready.

I personally think this last minute LTE unlimited pricing talk is because they weren't 100% sure what pricing scheme they wanted to push for LTE. So my initial thought is, thats the real reason for the delay this time.

ThunderBolt requires the SIM LTE card to use both 3G/4G LTE, without it, your stuck with just Wifi. So if they don't have pricing set for LTE and they try to launch the phone, of course thye gotta delay it again until they figure out there pricing strategy.

I'm just happy that us ThunderBolteers will get the privelege of being grandfathered in to unlimited data 3G/4G (which Ben5 has also confirmed)

Now we just need an announcement next week to shutup the Interwebs from trying to produce more delay rumors and speculation.

You have some valid points there. I still like my apple conspiracy theory though.

As for the interwebs....they are still touting a March 10th release. Ha.........Amateurs

MyMeth

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Dialogue

RLMAO!

toothdoc4

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Well before CES was even hosted, Verizon had an official hard launch date of March 17th for the HTC Thunderbolt. As more phones were being announced and pushed onto the market that rivaled the Thunderbolt, Verizon scheduled an early push for this phone, February 14th. Due to arising problems with battery life on 4G LTE services, this initial early push date was missed and rescheduled for a later date, March 10th. Today we were informed that this phone was not completely ready for a launch date as early as March 10th, and cancelled all early launch plans, reverting back to the initial date of March 17th.

So does that mean that the battery life issues have been addressed and we can expect better battery life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC