There's a storm brewing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
There's always going to be some space between launches, so really, it depends on how delayed it gets.

Makes sense. I guess my point was... if 3/17 doesn't happen, and the Samsung was slated for End of April (hypothetically), and let's say TB was moved to 4/1 would the Samsung phone then move to the middle of May?

I would assume VZW has a "standard" buffer of 1-2 weeks between device launches but does the TB have something else built into it's release that ensures a larger window to be the only kid in town?

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Makes sense. I guess my point was... if 3/17 doesn't happen, and the Samsung was slated for End of April (hypothetically), and let's say TB was moved to 4/1 would the Samsung phone then move to the middle of May?

I would assume VZW has a "standard" buffer of 1-2 weeks between device launches but does the TB have something else built into it's release that ensures a larger window to be the only kid in town?

I'd imagine it would be more than a week.

You're probably looking at 14-21 days between launches at the earliest.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Sweet...hope they weren't Samsung shoes......you'll never see the updated version if they were.

Did you pre order them...if so....how did you get yours before the 17th?...:)

Or red because then you would have to wait until EVERYTHING was absolutely perfect before you could wear them but then you couldn't tell anyone why you weren't wearing them until you got the official word. ;)

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
In all seriousness, no updates as of now. Haven't heard anything different than the 17th so seems to be on track. Lets cross our fingers and hope it stays this way.

I did, and I'm waiting to see how it plays out before I post it here. I don't want to give you guys information and then all of a sudden policies change, because it is very up in the air as of now. Once it is definite, I'll let you guys know.

Bennnnn, I appreciate the insights. With several recent articles and interviews, a lot of folks in the forums are saying that the delays are about the LTE network and tiered pricing of the data plans. When you talk about the "policies chang(ing)", is that some policy related to the pricing of LTE?

Hopefully that's generic enough that you can respond without spelling out if the TB will get unlimited 4G or if it will roll out with the tiered 4G plans.

pgs239

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
question for bennn (or anyone else who might know).

Samsung Stealth 4G Has Double The Battery Life Of HTC Thunderbolt? ? Android Phones, Android Tablets, News, Tech, Gadgets And More, Thedroidguy

so we've heard from bennn that the battery issue has been resolved, although other sites are still posting about issues (although from following the tbolt for the past 2 months, i can tell that a lot of them are just REALLY slow to pick up on the news). can bennnn or anybody else who's had their hands on a tbolt tell me how much battery life we can expect on 4g or just on 3g?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Oh sorry I thought that's where I was

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ah now I get it, and you make an excellent point actually.

Let me put it a different way: everyone stay on topic! I can't tell you how many times I've been asked to close this thread. If it weren't for its popularity it would either be moved or merged with the waiting room.

And seriously there really is a cool AC lounge for some of these posts. I even go there to chill out sometimes.

You'll never be accused of being OT over there.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
YEAH! RUB IT IN, WILL U? Anyways, the first weekend after picking up my Thunderbolt, I'm driving down to Boston to test LTE. I used to live in Somerville for a few years so it would be nice to meet some of my old friends too.

Sorry, couldn't resist, ha ha. Oh, and from birth until midway through 4th grade, I lived in Somerville too! Ummm...back on topic...Thunderbolt! :)

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Ah now I get it, and you make an excellent point actually.

Let me put it a different way: everyone stay on topic! I can't tell you how many times I've been asked to close this thread. If it weren't for its popularity it would either be moved or merged with the waiting room.

And seriously there really is a cool AC lounge for some of these posts. I even go there to chill out sometimes.

You'll never be accused of being OT over there.

why would so many people ask to shut the thread down? i just dont get it! if people dont like the thread why do they feel the need to sit for hours and read it then get upset and complain about it. is it a lack of self discipline? basically, the only way they can stop reading it, is if the thread gets shut down? oh well, just a little aggrevating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital