There's a storm brewing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
iphone screen= 3.5 inches
tbolt screen= 4.3 inches.

if you have used an evo, that is how big it will be.

Isn't the Tbolt screen the same size as the Droid X? That way if you go to a VZ store and there is no TBolt dummy you can at least compare the iPhone screen with the Droid X screen to see the difference.

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Isn't the Tbolt screen the same size as the Droid X? That way if you go to a VZ store and there is no TBolt dummy you can at least compare the iPhone screen with the Droid X screen to see the difference.

Yes and no. The screen diagonal is the same 4.3" but the resolutions are different - the Motorola phones tend to follow a 16:10 WXGA resolution that make the screen longer but the HTC devices tend to use a 5:3 (15:9) WVGA resolution that makes the screen more square and thus easier to type on a smaller screen.

Reactions: RetiredJedi

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Yes and no. The screen diagonal is the same 4.3" but the resolutions are different - the Motorola phones tend to follow a 16:10 WXGA resolution that make the screen longer but the HTC devices tend to use a 5:3 (15:9) WVGA resolution that makes the screen more square and thus easier to type on a smaller screen.

Ok, so if Chrisy (or I) simply wanted to compare a TBolt screen size to an iPhone screen and the Verizon store doesn't have a display unit TBolt what can we use to compare?

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so if Chrisy (or I) simply wanted to compare a TBolt screen size to an iPhone screen and the Verizon store doesn't have a display unit TBolt what can we use to compare?

You'd want to go to an AT&T/Best Buy/CostCo/etc and compare to an Inspire. The Droid X will feel noticeably different from the Inspire.

Reactions: RetiredJedi

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
OK….so I talked to one of the Verizon people that I have been in contact with. This is a sales guy who works for an Authorized dealer. I have written about him before. I stopped in this afternoon to check in, to see if had heard anything. He told me they WILL NOT BE GETTING THE BOLT THIS WEEK and he is very sure of this. I was like “how do you know”…and he said that they just know and in addition to no word on the Bolt the store has been updated on the calendar/timetable for the phones that are upcoming and he led me in the direction that Verizon is now pitching other new phones to be sold (of the 3G variety).
I asked him if he had any idea or if he had heard any news about when it was coming but he said no, they have nothing in terms of information…only that he was very sure it won’t be next week, and although he has NO idea when it will drop it could be “months”. Once again this is a guy who is very rejected and pretty upset about it. Another connection to this that is interesting to me is that the last time I was in I was showing off my Storm 1, and he was showing me his old beat up blackberry. Today he showed me his new phone…it is a Samsung. He is a good guy….and if he is reading this I would say “thanks for being honest! I feel for you dude”!
So, I have been of the mind that the 17th is THE day. I have a pretty detailed plan on if the bolt is going to be the phone for me and the connection to my June contract date….This is the first chink in my plan! I am not freaking out…yet, but this piece of info seems difficult for me to ignore completely.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I was talking to a Verizon guy today about getting a temp phone for my daughter and he tried to talk me out of getting the TBolt because according to him HTC phones have terrible battery life and tried to talk me into thinking about a Motorola phone.

hitman92499

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
OK?.so I talked to one of the Verizon people that I have been in contact with. This is a sales guy who works for an Authorized dealer. I have written about him before. I stopped in this afternoon to check in, to see if had heard anything. He told me they WILL NOT BE GETTING THE BOLT THIS WEEK and he is very sure of this. I was like ?how do you know??and he said that they just know and in addition to no word on the Bolt the store has been updated on the calendar/timetable for the phones that are upcoming and he led me in the direction that Verizon is now pitching other new phones to be sold (of the 3G variety).

As of now, there is still no official release date. We're all still focusing on the rumors. This guy may or may not know anything. I want this phone as much as anyone else, but I'm not holding my breath for the 17th, just hoping it happens.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I was talking to a Verizon guy today about getting a temp phone for my daughter and he tried to talk me out of getting the TBolt because according to him HTC phones have terrible battery life and tried to talk me into thinking about a Motorola phone.

did you tell them you didnt want a locked down plastic phone with motoBLAH on it? :p

and at least they didnt try and sell u an *phone lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03