Tiered Data possible this summer - From Verizon

XStroX

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
hopefully the will grandfather in people with pre-existing data plans...wouldn't that be nice

They have to do that. They can't change your data plan forcefully so in other words you'd have to renew a contract or try to activate a phone with restrictions for them to change it.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
They have to do that. They can't change your data plan forcefully so in other words you'd have to renew a contract or try to activate a phone with restrictions for them to change it.

They could. But the logistical expense of having to coordinate that would be HUGE. Because, you'd have to choose a Tier. Then what happens if you don't choose a Tier? It's a nightmare.

aupharmd2011

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

well, that kinda sounds like a decent reason to sign another 2 year contact, 2 more years of unlimited data...and who knows what they will be doing by then!

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
well, that kinda sounds like a decent reason to sign another 2 year contact, 2 more years of unlimited data...and who knows what they will be doing by then!

They can increase the rate at any time.. they just need to provide you with written notice in advance. Check your ToC.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
They can increase the rate at any time.. they just need to provide you with written notice in advance. Check your ToC.

They can't just change your data plan -- that's in the contract. Per the VZW reps I spoke to regarding a different data situation I had, they can't change anything on your contract unless you renew or try to change a feature.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
They can't just change your data plan -- that's in the contract. Per the VZW reps I spoke to regarding a different data situation I had, they can't change anything on your contract unless you renew or try to change a feature.

You have the option of cancelling your contract, of course, at no charge.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
You have the option of cancelling your contract, of course, at no charge.

True, but like I said she told me that I am locked into my contract's pricing until I change something. I highly doubt they'd risk cancelling contracts and possibly lawsuits. More than likely they will lock you in then change it for later upgrades so you won't have a choice.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
i was referring to this

"we will be launching the HTC Thunderbolt very shortly here—that will give you a flavor of what our tiered pricing structure will look like going forward"

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
i was referring to this

"we will be launching the HTC Thunderbolt very shortly here?that will give you a flavor of what our tiered pricing structure will look like going forward"

Ah, well, I wouldn't be shocked, but Verizon's exec said it would be summer so that does conflict.

XStroX

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah not sure which article to believe now. The above statement is from "Fran Shammo, Verizon’s chief financial officer". Sure makes it sound opposite the article I linked to in the OP.

anon(157335)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
just saw this article, does this mean that we won't be getting 4g included with the $30 3g unlimited fee? it says that they are going to have tiered pricing when the tbolt comes out, but later in the article it states that tiered pricing won't come till summer. what the heck?!

Verizon: HTC Thunderbolt coming 'very shortly,' LTE tiered pricing too | ZDNet

From later in the article:

Today, Verizon Wireless offers a 5GB a month plan for $50 and 10GB for $80.

Really?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463