Thunderbolt delayed to April?

garuda

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I went to a Verizon retail outlet (not a Verizon store) in NYC and enquired about the Thunderbolt. The rep told me that it's delayed until April and that's what he had been told. He also mentioned that this was due to battery issues that were being addressed. Not sure how true this is, but just thought I'd check whether others are hearing anything along the same lines.

Last edited:

anon(149276)

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I went to a Verizon retail outlet (not a Verizon store) in NYC and enquirer about the Thunderbolt. The rep told me that it's delayed until April and that's what he had been told. He also mentioned that this was due to battery issues that were vein addressed. Not sure how true this is, but just thought I'd check whether others are hearing anything along the same lines.
possible I guess. I didn't think March was in the cards back when I preordered at BB. But once again, falls back on the point of that it's unlikely that anyone in a brick and mortar store will know anything more than we do.

rbfromma

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Not likely, but no one has an absolute date yet. Take a look at some of the other on-going threads and you'll see consensus is that a release will take place sometime during the next 2 weeks.

Geeksy

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It would be released around April 1st, right? EDIT: Altrav beat me to it, well played.

This doesn't really make sense. HTC paid Verizon to have the first LTE phone on its market, and if Verizon pulls back the reins of its titan all the way to April, they'd be committing financial suicide. I don't believe it for a second. I also don't want to believe it because, if anyone remembers, I don't have a phone, and have not had one for 3 weeks.

Reactions: Koato

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Def. not true imo. But if it di somehow get delayed, no biggie. I'll get the incredible 2.

Have to admit, I took a second look at the Incredible 2/S today and liked it more the second time around. And I bet the price is more what I'd be wanting. Definitely an option for me since I'm not in a 4G area, and won't be this year.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have to say you have been pretty firm with your April prediction. I hope you are wrong but at least you are consistent. I'm hoping for the next couple of weeks but each day brings us closer to April.

Let me put it this way... Bennnnnn has been a ray of hope and I really do hope he turns out to be right and this thing gets announced in the next day or so and launches on the 10th. if it doesn't, then I'm pretty confident it'll get bumped to April. It's the worst case scenario and that seems to be the theme with this phone.

And someone has to take a long position. ;)

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Have to admit, I took a second look at the Incredible 2/S today and liked it more the second time around. And I bet the price is more what I'd be wanting. Definitely an option for me since I'm not in a 4G area, and won't be this year.

Yea i have 4g but its not a deal breaker for me. MY big thing is i want a bigger screen.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Any news on the Incredible 2 release date? Don't care about 4G, just want a high-quality phone with acceptable battery life that comes out in the next few weeks. At this point I just don't care about the Thunderbolt specifically.

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it. I've heard a lot of people say they talked with someone from verizon and got some ridiculous release date. I heard someone say they talked to someone there and said it was going to be out on march 1st. I don't think the employees even have an idea of the date. Might as well just wait until it gets confirmed.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Any news on the Incredible 2 release date? Don't care about 4G, just want a high-quality phone with acceptable battery life that comes out in the next few weeks. At this point I just don't care about the Thunderbolt specifically.

Iv been looking for a date for this too.. I saw Q1..but I think that was for the Europe release that happened last week. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz