Buyer Beware....Navigating the Purchase of the T-Bolt

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I've also heard horror stories of VZW employees putting the brand new phone down on its screen while they are setting it up, dropping it, etc. I'd rather unbox it myself.

Personally I've always used the website. I don't remember the exact time, but I believe if you order online by 4:00 local time your phone will be delivered next day by FedEx.

Yes, 4pm is the deadline ...but I think when you do it online, your order will have to be processed before 4pm. So if you place your order at 3:45pm, it does not get processed by 4pm and will not be shipped that day. Am I right? (I think that happened to me once)

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I've also heard horror stories of VZW employees putting the brand new phone down on its screen while they are setting it up, dropping it, etc. I'd rather unbox it myself.

Personally I've always used the website. I don't remember the exact time, but I believe if you order online by 4:00 local time your phone will be delivered next day by FedEx.

YEA BABY! This thread is AWESOME...I am thinking online is the way to go. No waiting in line for 1/2 hour....they never explain what they are doing....Next day is Rockin!

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Good point about the release date...but I guess that would spur us into another thread...the only lingering concern I have at this point is: is the HTC Pyramid or the HTC EVO 2 going to make this phone look like a loser...actually make me look like a loser?

deltwalrus

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm a web buyer, through and through. That said, I'll buy this one in-store only because my local corp. store has a really helpful and knowledgeable employee there who deserves some sales thrown his way.

...I will ask him to let me unbox it, though, for reasons laid out above. :)

banderbe

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You'll get the same deal at Best Buy. Only difference is with VZW you have to mail in your rebate. Best Buy rebate is instant.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I wanna ask a question here too.

Wtf is NE2? I know what it stands for, but If I've waited 21 months to upgrade from my Alias 2, do I get a discount? And if so, how much?

EDIT: And I don't mean "2-yr contract price" discount. I mean like $30 or $50 or w/e off of THAT price.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you have a New Every Two credit coming your way. How much depends on what your monthly voice plan is and when you renewed.

It's either $30, $50 or $100. You should be able to see your NE2 credit on MyVerizon.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you have a New Every Two credit coming your way. How much depends on what your monthly voice plan is and when you renewed.

It's either $30, $50 or $100. You should be able to see your NE2 credit on MyVerizon.

What if I'm line three? Do I still get it? I can't view it in this case, obviously. Not that you knew that, but just sayin'.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Only the primary line of a family plan gets NE2. Sorry.

The lowest calling plan that qualifies for NE2 is $39.99. Since you're only on a $9.99 line, you wouldn't qualify.

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Not sure...I went online and it did say we were elligible for it. I plan on using it and anything else they will accept (Arby's coupons, gift cards, chuck e cheese tokens) to pay the 600 large!

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
They just stopped new NE2 plans. It will be phased out ... those of us who are already on NE2, we can still use it but then no more. My last NE2 will kick in later this year .. in September.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance