BBM Coming To Android!!!

menji

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
depending on how its released, if its released. because the story made it sound like it wont be the exact same thing. but in any case, I'm not so excited.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Options are good. And I like it because some of my people are sticking with BlackBerry. Though I personally find Google Talk better because you can use that on phone or computer!

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Guess you can chalk me up to the list of people who fails to see the greatness of BBM.

If it hits, I will definitely download it to keep up with the few friends I have who are too stubborn to give up on their BBs. GTalk is awesome on Android-not so much on the Blackberry. There's a bit of a delay for them receiving messages, and I've also been told that the latest update has only brought more trouble.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Gtalk on my BlackBerry boots me off every so often, maybe once every two days. This is annoying.

Does this happen with Gtalk on Android as well?

I like that BBM is always connected.

ShawnMeds23

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Gtalk on my BlackBerry boots me off every so often, maybe once every two days. This is annoying.

Does this happen with Gtalk on Android as well?

I like that BBM is always connected.

Thats what happened on my storm... but since i got an incredible 2 weeks ago, haven't been booted.

phil1995

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
To me the best part about it is that it is always on, you cant turn it off. Everytime I have used other IM services on my phone, no one is ever logged in when you want to contact them.

If they are stripping out the ability to send pics, and its something that you can turn off. I cant see why it would be better than Google Talk.

Reactions: gbuffs

kpageisgreat

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
i will use it when it comes out but I feel that liveprofile will be leaps and bounds better when it is released. Once groups/group chat is implemented on liveprofile it will be a hot commodity

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
The most annoying thing about GTalk is that you can't send attachments of any kind, including photos.
You can send attachments. Just email them. If you have someone's Gtalk, then you have their Gmail. Just touch their avatar and send it from the chat window. It only takes 2 clicks.

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
You can send attachments. Just email them. If you have someone's Gtalk, then you have their Gmail. Just touch their avatar and send it from the chat window. It only takes 2 clicks.

Well, yeah, but that's just GMail, not part of GTalk. I don't want to start a new email conversation to send a quick photo. I want to send it in-line with an ongoing chat. Plus, if the other user is also on Android, they shouldn't have to download an attachment and view it through the gallery. It should work like MMS where it's embedded in the conversation window.

Roscopcoletrain

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, yeah, but that's just GMail, not part of GTalk. I don't want to start a new email conversation to send a quick photo. I want to send it in-line with an ongoing chat. Plus, if the other user is also on Android, they shouldn't have to download an attachment and view it through the gallery. It should work like MMS where it's embedded in the conversation window.

exactly.

bbm will be a great addition to Android assuming this is legit

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, unless you have to leave your house and walk to your physical mailbox to get the mail, I don't view it as some huge inconvenience. You drop the shade and select the notification. You don't have to view it in the Gallery, it appears in the message itself.

Also, GTalk does do you the favor of showing thumbnails and descriptions for YouTube links, or parsing links into actual images assuming the files are common formats.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12