BBM Coming To Android!!!

QuikSilver39

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Doubt it'll ever happen. BBM uses RIM's PIN # system. It's proprietary to RIM. They would have to work something out where you can get a PIN # from rim applied to your phone. I don't see RIM opening up their servers to allow that. BBM is secure communication because it's limited to RIM. For now you can use LiveProfile. It works cross platform too.

Reactions: gbuffs

botero

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Google Talk and Text Messaging are already available on Android!!! OMG! So excited! And i don't need someone's PIN number!! Awesome!!

Seriously, is the only reason people like BBM because they can see if someone has actually read the message? Am I missing something? I never understood why everyone is so in love with BBM...

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Doubt it'll ever happen. BBM uses RIM's PIN # system. It's proprietary to RIM. They would have to work something out where you can get a PIN # from rim applied to your phone. I don't see RIM opening up their servers to allow that. BBM is secure communication because it's limited to RIM. For now you can use LiveProfile. It works cross platform too.

According to BGR it is supposed to. Lets see what happens down the line...

I prefer whatsapp

Koato

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Google Talk and Text Messaging are already available on Android!!! OMG! So excited! And i don't need someone's PIN number!! Awesome!!

Seriously, is the only reason people like BBM because they can see if someone has actually read the message? Am I missing something? I never understood why everyone is so in love with BBM...

I have asked some friends about this and they told me bc it is like being part of a cool club -___-

QuikSilver39

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Looking at the BGR article, it looks like it's going to be the same thing as google talk, but it'll work cross platform. You can't send pics or videos.

LinxuSx

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
It also works world wide without having to use international data roaming. Just need a Wi-Fi connection and you're good to go.

Yeah when I spent a semester traveling the world my buddies and I just got an unlimited international data plan and uses bbm. Worked awesome and we didn't have to pay like $.50 per text sent. Just had to pay 70 bux a month for data. And its also quicker than texting

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

NyStrongest

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah when I spent a semester traveling the world my buddies and I just got an unlimited international data plan and uses bbm. Worked awesome and we didn't have to pay like $.50 per text sent. Just had to pay 70 bux a month for data. And its also quicker than texting

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

$70 for data damnnnn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid