How long before other phones were released did their release date get announced?

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Like The other HTC or Motorola android phones. Did any of their release dates get announced just days before it was released? The closer it gets to the 10th the less I believe it will release then. If they don't announce the release date by the 9th (when my contract expires) I'm gonna go with the Droid X.
I think they should just do a ballsy move and release it out of the blue with no announced date. Say, tomorrow or something.

anon(157335)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Like The other HTC or Motorola android phones. Did any of their release dates get announced just days before it was released? The closer it gets to the 10th the less I believe it will release then. If they don't announce the release date by the 9th (when my contract expires) I'm gonna go with the Droid X.
I think they should just do a ballsy move and release it out of the blue with no announced date. Say, tomorrow or something.

It has happened before. Not often, but it's happened.

I'm betting on an announcement Monday, VZW pre-orders starting early morning on Tuesday, and a release date of Thursday.

That's just my guess though; it could very well happen the following week.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
They have been all over the map. Here's a sampling of various Droid phones with press releases, and availability. My guess with the TB is it will be available the day after they announce.

phonereleases.jpg

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
They have been all over the map. Here's a sampling of various Droid phones with press releases, and availability. My guess with the TB is it will be available the day after they announce.

phonereleases.jpg

I want stop the belief that Verizon likes to release phones on Thursday because 3 out of 7 phones listed were launched on a Thursday. It's safe to say unless otherwise will launch the phone any day of the week. However, 3 out of 7 times is about 40% will be launched on a Thursday based on this list of phones. Anyone else like to add?

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
I want stop the belief that Verizon likes to release phones on Thursday because 3 out of 7 phones listed were launched on a Thursday. It's safe to say unless otherwise will launch the phone any day of the week. However, 3 out of 7 times is about 40% will be launched on a Thursday based on this list of phones. Anyone else like to add?

Two are Wednesday, two are Friday (but they were a joint DROID release), and three are Thursday. In more recent news, the Xoom and iPhone 4 were Thursday and the iPad 2 a Friday. It is clear they prefer Thursday/Friday and have made exceptions for Wednesday as well for the release of a new smart-device, but I wouldn't expect it earlier than the 9th based off the trends above.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Big phones appear to have many days between announcement and release. Seven to twenty+ days.
Lesser phones or upgrades, Eris Droid2, less than a week.

If there's an announcement this week I don't see it out for another two weeks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie