Why the hell...

mcwolves32

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
does best buy advertise like the thunderbolt is out every freaking weekend i see the ad and i jump for joy then i realize they are lying....

Harreh

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
does best buy advertise like the thunderbolt is out every freaking weekend i see the ad and i jump for joy then i realize they are lying....

LOL....Yeah, i thought i could wait a little longer, no big deal. Well, that was 2 weeks ago, now i'm getting a little antsie.

deltwalrus

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
That ad was designed and submitted weeks ago, and the cost to pull it and re-do it without the Bolt is non-trivial. Plus, it drives sheep to the store to ask about it, it creates interest, and costs them nothing, because they can just blame Verizon for the "mistake."

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
There have been full-page BOlt adverts in some weekly magazines as well. I have seen in People magazine two weeks in a row. But that one seems to be run by HTC.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

robdec17

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I know one person who went to the store because of the ad not knowing anything about the bolt and when it wasnt available they just bought another phone.

The average customer doesnt follow forums to find out about new phones and they are also not going to wait for something with out an eta.

douglaswilson

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Because those ads are made out weeks if not months in advance- obviously back when they thought they would have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
That ad was designed and submitted weeks ago, and the cost to pull it and re-do it without the Bolt is non-trivial. Plus, it drives sheep to the store to ask about it, it creates interest, and costs them nothing, because they can just blame Verizon for the "mistake."

It's probably more because they're printed so far in advance. (At my old paper, I think we received them from whomever did the printing the Wednesday before Sunday publication.) But still ... It's in there week after week.

Simer03

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
my local Best Buy has cases for the TB already.....i wont be getting one but id like to see how fast some people's speeds are!

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
It's probably more because they're printed so far in advance. (At my old paper, I think we received them from whomever did the printing the Wednesday before Sunday publication.) But still ... It's in there week after week.

+1
My dad used to help a friend who had a LARGE paper route (Atlantic City area) stuff the ads into the Sunday paper. Even back then (20+ years ago) they had the ads Friday at the latest.

Noloc0209

Oct 31, 2009
www.Examiner.com
But why not verify first with the carrierthough? I find it hard to believe that the phone was fully ready each time it printed because they should have an announcment. Even with the preorders they still was not any announcement or even date. I preordered mine feb 6...... Knowing nothing was certain but It's hilarious seeing it printed each day and sill nothing.

Edit

Lol Besybuys in rochester ny after I called each one all say march 10 release.......maybe 10th for bb and 17th for vzw? Idk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well I know one person who went to the store because of the ad not knowing anything about the bolt and when it wasnt available they just bought another phone.

The average customer doesnt follow forums to find out about new phones and they are also not going to wait for something with out an eta.

You see that is called Bait & Switch. Regardless of whether or NOT the ads were created and printed weeks ago is not relevant. Best Buy must put in clear view and notify customers that the ad is a misprint and they are waiting for the phone to be released by Verizon.

They have the obligation both ethically and legally to do so. Otherwise the FTC would find this of great interest.

coldasice304

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you really wanted to know yes the ads are printed weeks in advance. And for best buy to recall ads from every store would be a hefty price. As an employee of best buy I feel your pain but the world goes on.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If you really wanted to know yes the ads are printed weeks in advance. And for best buy to recall ads from every store would be a hefty price. As an employee of best buy I feel your pain but the world goes on.

Well too they do not have the tb ad in all places and I am sure it is more geared to 4g cities that are lit up now and will be soon because here in Lubbock which will not 4g until at least 2012 has never had a tb in the best buy period!! At home in Houston it is always in there like you have experienced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance